ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Think I'll just rego it for a week, cane it. Probably break something though. Think the gearbox is a bit sad...

I'm off to Melbourne to give Uni a crack. Will see how it goes... will be a totally different lifestyle... going to be interesting to say the least.

Not having a party as such, don't really feel like I'm going anywhere yet. Probably just get emo afterwards.

Emo Danno??? That'd be scary!

Lol - only realised after I started typing that you meant emotional, not all slashy-wristy, hairy-blacky, skinny-whitey.

Rego the car, fit a towbar, leave it in my care so I have something to tow the motorkhana trailer with when I sell the black Corolla. I'd fit a towbar to the GT-Four, but then we wouldn't have any witches hats or anything at the motorkhanas - just an empty trailer and a messy Stuart Highway. :P

Major suxor there Danno, will you pull a 'Luke' on us as well, or should be able to setup a cruise that you'll be back for?

onto good news now, rolla is sold!!!! about time too, price was ok, got something back for it anyway, so that'll happen next week, plus, have to re-fax through my application to the imports people down in Canberra because i was missing some documents. And then when i get approved, it shall be on its way!! Hopefully by the end of the month, fingers crossed! I can't wait!! :) :P

Good work Daven! Now if only I could sell my Corolla... and both TA22's... and 4A-GZE... and tyres & wheels collection... etc...

And find a housemate - seriously, if you guys know of anyone looking for somewhere to stay, I have two rooms available and would prefer not to have a complete stranger. If figure someone who is mates with one of my mates isn't a stranger. LOL. $150/week for the big airconditioned room. $120/week for the smaller, non-airconditioned room (willing to install an aircon, but the price goes to $130/week). Getting pretty desperate, folks. :yes:

Edited by ancullen

Hey Danno, was gonna get that block 4age off ya.

LOL, i've already ordered some parts for the FX, some superpro bushes, as i got em cheap, cheap!

I'll do my ICE first, then i'll save up for the rest of the stuff to come.

I WANT THIS NEW CAR TO SEE SOME TRACK DAYS!

Edited by Sirolla

Hey Danno, was gonna get that block 4age off ya.

LOL, i've already ordered some parts for the FX, some superpro bushes, as i got em cheap, cheap!

I'll do my ICE first, then i'll save up for the rest of the stuff to come.

I WANT THIS NEW CAR TO SEE SOME TRACK DAYS!

This post started so well (spare engine block needed, suspension bushes on order) and turned to shit before resorting to lies.

Daven, if you're building a hot 4A-GE, you don't need ICE!!! You just need to listen to that sweet revving little beastie and you're all set!!!

As taking the car to track days - excellent idea! Don't put ICE in, as it only adds weight, and means that you can't use this sweet car to it's full potential!

hahaha, thanks Adam, but remember, ICE i can do, but engine work, no one does it here. It'll be hard to explain to my parents that i can't drive my new car, because it doesn't have an engine in it, which is in VIC, getting some modifications.

Unless you know people with equipment to do my head work, shave, port and polish, fit the .6mm head gasket, my 256/8.1 ex, 264/8.0 inlet custom cams, my adjustable cam gears, do a 5-angel valve job, install the new valve springs, install the 4-2-1 hks copy extractors, 2.25" straight thru exhaust system, the 5kg flywheel, the heavy duty clutch, fit my bush kit, install the coilovers, and a bit of guard rolling to fit the 15x7 rewinds with r888s semi-slicks....phew...be sure to let me know...

Now i'm off to research, con-rods, pistons, block, and a good ECU, as i pretty much covered what i want from the head. LOL

AND maybe down the track some of these:

:yes: Edited by Sirolla

That is a LOT of money to bomb on a car... regardless of its creed. Just get the stock FX and enjoy it Daven. 4AGE + extractors and exhaust will be more than enough to keep you amused for a while I reckon.

Oh and apart from the machining in that list you could do it all yourself, be a bit of a pain sure. But no real biggy...

Enjoying driving my car, put some oil in the diff today... no more whine!

However got a leaky f@$ken caliper still. It's a ghost problem, keeps coming back!

Also, where is stock rev limit on a bigport? ...Haven't found it yet...

Edited by Killswitch

This post started so well (spare engine block needed, suspension bushes on order) and turned to shit before resorting to lies.

Daven, if you're building a hot 4A-GE, you don't need ICE!!! You just need to listen to that sweet revving little beastie and you're all set!!!

As taking the car to track days - excellent idea! Don't put ICE in, as it only adds weight, and means that you can't use this sweet car to it's full potential!

What lies? i WILL be putting ICE no matter what you say Adam, :yes: It'll add weight but who keeps their subs in while at the drags or on the track?

That is a LOT of money to bomb on a car... regardless of its creed. Just get the stock FX and enjoy it Daven. 4AGE + extractors and exhaust will be more than enough to keep you amused for a while I reckon.

Ahhhh, some closure...thanks Danno, really, in all seriousness.

With that kind of estimate, might just turn into a daily and see what i want to do after that, LOL after all that typing.

Edited by Sirolla