April 22, 200818 yr comment_241148 this is probaly a stupid question but are 3K and 4K camshafts the same? as in will a 3k cam fit in a 4K? Report
April 22, 200818 yr comment_241165 Depends some 3K have a different cam to 4K's some are same Be specific 3k-c,3k-h,3k,3k-b etc Cameron Report
April 22, 200818 yr comment_241184 Yes a 3k cam will fit in a 4k.... Unless the 4k is a dished piston motor, which run a narrower rear cam journal, so the cam would hit on the welschplug at the rear of the block. Report
April 22, 200818 yr comment_241212 ^^ Really...going out to shed tomorrow to see if I can measure that...never noticed that. Well earn every day. lucky I didn't throw that 4K-e out to you..lol Cameron Report
April 22, 200818 yr comment_241242 :hmm: Yep, 5k's also have a similar setup with the narrow rear cam journal. I think you can just remove the welschplug and replace with an earlier one to be able to run the more common cams with the wider rear journal. Report
April 22, 200818 yr comment_241244 Sweet jsut removed all welsch plugs from 5K so ill look into this :hmm: Report
April 22, 200818 yr comment_241251 Yes a 3k cam will fit in a 4k.... Unless the 4k is a dished piston motor, which run a narrower rear cam journal, so the cam would hit on the welschplug at the rear of the block. Even I knew that!! Having said that I only found out the last time this same question was asked.... :hmm: Report
April 22, 200818 yr comment_241313 hey is this levi or his older bro either way hows it going ? i went to school with both of you. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now