Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ae71 Project Spirit

Featured Replies

Conversion is done and running smooth. Very quick.... No power down the bottom end though. I think it's because the exaust isn't restricted enough. it only has one lukey muffler on it at the moment and it's also as noisy as hell. I am thinking I'll put a cat and a resonator on it and see where that get's me. maybe a dyno after that. The dizzy is controlled by an ignition computer called a hyperpak, available fron NZ for around $300. Same computer trev is using incidentally. Mega easy to wire up really recomed it.

 

Told you it would be a good way to go over the other kits, Lucky prick you even have adjustable carbs so you can dyno tune it.

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 33
  • Views 16k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Author

Finally got the exhaust quietened today. Was WAY to loud... Scot's rods in ipswich set me up with a nice legal system for a pretty good price. I originally took it too ipswich muffler shop to get the exaust hooked up and it came out sounding like it had no exaust at all... (I told them to do what was needed) I took it back to them a week ago to make it quiet or at least legal and do what ever they thought was nessary... Virtually no difference at all. So I went to scots rods and they did a sound test. 12db over... That's like 3 time legal noise level? Got it back today and with the added back pressure it's faster too.

 

It goes in for a tune friday so we'll see what happens after that.

Finally got the exhaust quietened today. Was WAY to loud... Scot's rods in ipswich set me up with a nice legal system for a pretty good price. I originally took it too ipswich muffler shop to get the exaust hooked up and it came out sounding like it had no exaust at all... (I told them to do what was needed) I took it back to them a week ago to make it quiet or at least legal and do what ever they thought was nessary... Virtually no difference at all. So I went to scots rods and they did a sound test. 12db over... That's like 3 time legal noise level? Got it back today and with the added back pressure it's faster too.

 

It goes in for a tune friday so we'll see what happens after that.

 

 

Hey Trav. Glad to see this things on track for a win. If theres any bit you might need let me know. That RA40 diff is the only part Ive sold that's failed to date afaik. Still feel bad about it. I do know how you feel as my newly rebuilt diff died in 5 hrs thanks to no fault of my own.

 

Anyhow, id love to see it in the flesh once its all running tuff as.

 

Catch you later.

 

:P

Hey Trav. Glad to see this things on track for a win. If theres any bit you might need let me know. That RA40 diff is the only part Ive sold that's failed to date afaik. Still feel bad about it. I do know how you feel as my newly rebuilt diff died in 5 hrs thanks to no fault of my own.

 

Anyhow, id love to see it in the flesh once its all running tuff as.

 

Catch you later.

 

:P

 

Its been going for quite some time now, He had a hyperpak fail due to a short out of the coil lead so it was off the road for a few weeks, It really is different/good to see a 4ag in an E7 using a v-belt system and not cut up everywhere, I might pop over there tomorrow and get some pics, Matt he only lives up the road and he likes visitors :cool:

hey mate

very very nice. I'm a fan.

engine bay is dirty as hell though. why didint you give that a sand and a spray?

any more mods planned?

 

joe

  • Author

This is only my daily driver... I'm getting the aircon fixed again and all the paint fixed including the spirit stripe... I even had the original spirit decals made up for after painting. Also gonna do rear shocks, sport seats, swaybars and stiffen the chasis in the usual ways. that's about it. Just a very clean quick reliable little car. Unless I get bored with the other car of course...

 

I didn't clean the engine bay because i was lazy and the aircon and stuff was till hooked up, I only broke it attaching the alternator. I used my angry words when it started hissing at me.

  • Author

Matt, don't worry about the diff. No hard feelings. I'm also planing on putiing a cusco center in the 4.11 gears and housing i have here and selling the other set and housing in the car at the moment... so if anyone want's a set of 4.3 gears in a housing with a TRD center let me know...

  • 1 month later...
  • Author

It's on gas! I converted it to run straight LPG... also dyno'd at 80kw atw!

looks good buddy.

 

how does it go with the gas and carbs?

  • Author
looks good buddy.

 

how does it go with the gas and carbs?

 

 

No carbs anymore... It runs straight gas. I now have on a single throttle body using the original manifold cut and shunt with the holes blocked off... Single point gas injection. I'll add photos later.

 

By the way it's way smoother on gas.

No carbs anymore... It runs straight gas. I now have on a single throttle body using the original manifold cut and shunt with the holes blocked off... Single point gas injection. I'll add photos later.

 

By the way it's way smoother on gas.

 

 

Gas, no way, thats great!

 

80kw atw is also great!

 

:D

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author

Here's what it looks like now in the engine bay.

 

03152009109.jpg

  • 7 months later...
  • Author

I got hit by another car a couple of weeks ago. the insurance company said they won't fix it. It's not a "write off" and is still totaly leagal but can't afford to do much other than the quick job iv'e done untill i get some money from them. thenI"ll fix her propper and give it all some new paint... again.

 

Here's what it looks like now.

 

IMG_0220.jpg

 

IMG_0221.jpg

 

IMG_0223.jpg

 

IMG_0218.jpg

very nice man too bad about the crash it looked overrated too oh well now it looks and probably goes better with the 4age into it :wink:

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.