Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Wheels For Ke25?

Featured Replies

Hey Guys,

 

I'm wanting to pull the 13" hotwires & simmons off my KE25 and am looking to fit some new alloys, in particular some RS5's like these:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/C...n-155055049.htm

 

Would I be able to fit 18" under the guards or would I need 17"? Also what sort of offset would I need to fit these? cheers :S

 

The main reason's for the swap are 1. I like the look better and 2. The brake conversion I want to do I need at least 16" rims to fit the new hubs & calipers :)

it's not so much rim size, it'd be offset and tyre size you'd need to check...

 

i don't have much more than that sorry.

Are you wanting to get a defect for going any bigger than 14's? Thats the question you should be asking yourself champ :S

 

Fitting 18's would definitely require you to roll the inner lip, though I think massive rims on an old car wouldnt look so great.

 

15's max :)

raven, he's from NZ, and from all reports, so long as it's "safe" its legal...(hunt down some pics of a 1UZ KP61 and you'll understand)

 

but as raven said, really big wheels don't suit the old cars...and 'period' wheels you might/should be able to get in a 16".

raven, he's from NZ, and from all reports, so long as it's "safe" its legal...(hunt down some pics of a 1UZ KP61 and you'll understand)

 

but as raven said, really big wheels don't suit the old cars...and 'period' wheels you might/should be able to get in a 16".

 

There would still be design rules that the cars that enter the country would have to meet :S

 

So while we're on the topic, are there legalities with massive wheels on cars in NZ?

  • Author

cheers guys....I'm not after huge wheels, just something at least a 16" to fit the new brakes.

effectively this is what i want it to look like (bar a different colour scheme)

 

12756509a4450258895b547161206o.jpg

 

(what you guys think of our KE's in NZ? :S )

 

These are RS5's, what I want for my KE, I'm thinking these are 17s though which might fit alot better than 18's?

 

 

As for wheel size limits in NZ, nope you can put wheels on as big as you possibly want as long as they don't 1. Rub on the guards/inner guards and 2. Clear the guard by a certain distance and don't stick outside the guard (but to get around this you can roll your guards and flare the hell out of them)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.