3tgte Into A Ke70 Help

JamDaMan

i am stuck on my conversion got a 3tgte into a ke70 got a couple of months rego left so I'm trying to hurry if noot then i wanna sell it if anyone is interested

but i need help i am using the same crossmember on my ke70 82 model done my custom gearbox mount but just the egine is on a slant the front part of the engine is up and high and the back part of the engine is low so the egine is not straight and if i put the front part of the egine down then it hits the steering rod thinggy on the left hand side

so what can i do do i need a new crossmember if i do then where can i get it from

do i need new mounts where can i get it from

]i am locatedin sydney

Edited by JamDaMan

Members dont see this ad
you would need a te72 80-83 toyota corolla X-member from here (USA) or from japan mate. the mounts, you could use any 2t/3t mounts. try toyota3tc.com and start looking for them

You need a T18 Crossmember, steering column, and complete steering setup. Also a gearbox crossmember, gearbox, tailshaft, diff and an ae71 pedal box. Happy hunting. All standard parts, no need to fab anything much, just get looking.

You need a T18 Crossmember, steering column, and complete steering setup. Also a gearbox crossmember, gearbox, tailshaft, diff and an ae71 pedal box. Happy hunting. All standard parts, no need to fab anything much, just get looking.

i already had a rack in mine.. so i cut the mounts off a te71 (te72 in aus or the US) and welded them onto the ke70 xmember. the steering joint thingee does sit really close to the r/h bracket from the block to the gearbox. i unbolted it for clearance and even then it slightly contacts the rear of the 3t sump. but a ding in the rear corner of sump is not an issue :)

if using recirculating ball steering then its easier. use all te71 or te72 xmember and steering and it bolts up using the 2t or 3t mounting rubbers on the 3tgte engine brackets. a t50 for a T engine will bolt up with the correct parts, or the w55 will with an auto ma61 gearbox xmember apparently. i used a manual gbox xmember and slotted the mounting holes.

if you don't mind reading a heap of stuff then ive written up alot on my site. www.toycrazy.net under 'mark' and the black ke70 coupe. and also in the tech menu under 2tgeu into ke70 will explain alot on swapping steering and xmembers to suit whatever engine.

• 2 weeks later...
i already had a rack in mine.. so i cut the mounts off a te71 (te72 in aus or the US) and welded them onto the ke70 xmember. the steering joint thingee does sit really close to the r/h bracket from the block to the gearbox. i unbolted it for clearance and even then it slightly contacts the rear of the 3t sump. but a ding in the rear corner of sump is not an issue :P

if using recirculating ball steering then its easier. use all te71 or te72 xmember and steering and it bolts up using the 2t or 3t mounting rubbers on the 3tgte engine brackets. a t50 for a T engine will bolt up with the correct parts, or the w55 will with an auto ma61 gearbox xmember apparently. i used a manual gbox xmember and slotted the mounting holes.

if you don't mind reading a heap of stuff then ive written up alot on my site. www.toycrazy.net under 'mark' and the black ke70 coupe. and also in the tech menu under 2tgeu into ke70 will explain alot on swapping steering and xmembers to suit whatever engine.

i am thinking of getting a ta22 crossmember for my ke70 but i am ythinking will it fit straight on my ke70 or do i have to get a t18 one iv been looking for t18 parts in sydney no hopes mannnn there is none so what do i do

i am thinking of getting a ta22 crossmember for my ke70 but i am ythinking will it fit straight on my ke70 or do i have to get a t18 one iv been looking for t18 parts in sydney no hopes mannnn there is none so what do i do

have u seen the ta22 crossmember it definatly wont fit

get that mate off urs to contact me to pick up the crossmember from me if ur still interested

alternativly i don't know if it would work but you could try cut the mounts of the ta22 and weld them onto the ke crossmember

Edited by fozz

Look outside Sydney? Tassie is full of T-18s. I find it hard to believe that there aren't any. You're not looking for the parts most people raid off them anyhow.