Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Good Tyre Joints ?

Featured Replies

Hey all,

 

My grandpa has just found out i got my Ke20 and wants to help out with a few bits.

 

He is gonna give me some money that will probably be towards good tyres and a retrim

of my front seats.

 

I have had a bit of a search around with not much success. I have sent a few enquirys out as well.

 

Who knows of some good tyre places in melbourne and some good tyres that will fit my standard

Ke20 rims ?

(nice sticky ones)

 

My current tyres read; 155/R/12

and i think that 155/60/12 would be about right.

 

I am looking at either getting them whitewalled or buying tyres with walls already

(as hard as they may be to find!)

 

Also,

 

My front seats are torn up on the base but not really on the backrests, how much do you think it would be

to get them re-done ?

I am guessing about $400.

 

Cheers,

 

Dougal

ANTIQUE TYRES do a whole range of whitewalled tyres in the sizes you're looking for.

 

they are bloody expensive IMO, but worth it ultimately if that is what you are after.

 

or have a look on sim's ke26 page, as it lists a bloke that will whitewall existing non whitewall tyres for cheap.

 

as far as your seats, about 70 bucks a base should be enough to cover a retrim.

 

try OZTRIM in olive grove, ringwood

  • Author
ANTIQUE TYRES do a whole range of whitewalled tyres in the sizes you're looking for.

 

they are bloody expensive IMO, but worth it ultimately if that is what you are after.

 

or have a look on sim's ke26 page, as it lists a bloke that will whitewall existing non whitewall tyres for cheap.

 

as far as your seats, about 70 bucks a base should be enough to cover a retrim.

 

try OZTRIM in olive grove, ringwood

 

 

Thanks, I saw sims joint and will keep it in mind.

 

Unique tyres don't do 12s as far as I know.

 

Found Continental :D

 

Been talking to ke11restorer, he has These

 

They sound like the ones, just will have to get walls afterwards.

  • Author

Anyone used Eastland Tyre Centre?

 

Supposedly they supply them.

Edited by Rad Rolla

I can vouch for the GT Radials,

With Ke20 Front brakes, 1300 Master Cylinder.

All new suspesion, tie rods, ball joints, bushes etc

 

THE CAR HANDLES overrated!!!!!!!!!!! :D

  • Author

Cheers, didnt notice there were a few 12s :D

 

Although, they are cross-plys arent they :lol:

i think they are radials, call to check.

Antique tyres are a great place to head to if you want to spend some money. I deal with them a little bit but mainly for whitewall flappers. PLus, it helps I'm in the hotrod scene so I get things cheaper.

 

I would recoment sumitomos (I think), I will double sheck but most places can ge them and they are available in a thin band whitewall (about 1inch). I am planning on running these on my wags as well. On the upside, 185/70/14's are only $90ish a pop... check what the 12's are.

 

Instant whitwalls are also the way to go. About $100 for all of your wheels done however you want them.

 

JP

I heard i lot of good things about Bridgestone Tire joint in kilsyth. They are on canturbury Rd opposite 7 eleven.

 

Edit: By the way i have sumitumo tires on my rolla and i think they are great, awsome stopping power in the wet.

Edited by Johno

  • Author

Thanks, JP, johno.

 

Will think about using sumitumos when i get around to buying.

Edited by Rad Rolla

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.