Hi All - New To The Forum

Kinser

Hi there,

My name is David, Ill be 18 in two weeks time. i just bought my first car a couple of weeks ago, it aint a corolla, but its based on it. There are a few here... a Daihatsu Charmant. its a 1983, got a 4K engine mated to a K40 4 speed box.

I had this car in mind for months, planing to swap the tranny to a K50, or maybe even a W56, and change the engine for a 4AFE. but hey, it aint that simple here, parts, engines and gearboxes are expensive. so ive decided to stick with my cool 4K engine, give it a rebuild, turn it to EFI with MegaSquirt, and for the best part (for me at least), give it a little bit of boost.

so ill need some help here.

first of all, a rebuild is a must. i would like to lower the CR, so what would be best to do? get low comp pistons (if there are any) orr swap the head from a 5K or 7K?

would also need to know what cam to put in for the best of both worls - drivability and power.

and most important question, whats the max boost that i could run on one of these engine, if for instance, i gave it a rebuild, porting and polishing, lower CR and EFI and electronic spark system?

sorry for all the questions, I'm just exited about it! :D

Thanks,

David Resnik

Members dont see this ad

Daihatsu Charmant !!!!!!!!!!!!

We never received those in australia, but i would be very interested in taking a look at one up close & personal.

Where abouts are you from? Chuck up some pics :D

Welcome to RC

Thanks for the welcoming! :D

Not form the Uk, I'm an Ex-South African, I live in israel.. here the law does not allow any mods on cars in any mechanical way, but there are many modified cars Here, we got no sports cars other than the Scooby, Evo's, MX-5, Silvia's, VW sports cars, american cars and so on.. parts aint cheap either.

No supra's, no skylines, no AE86's..

So my best choise for a budget drift car was the charmant, and I'm happy with it, and i know that ill get all the help I need over here! :yes:

Once again, thanks for the warm welcome!

David

At the moment this is all i got, took it the day i went to see the car.

interios is in great condition, bodywork if just fine, got a few small surt spots, nothing to serious to worrie about.

engine has done 170,000 Km, but it has to have a rebuid, just so that i can feel safe.

here's the pic, ill take a few more photos on the weekend.. ;)

David

post-6126-1215098842_thumb.jpg

lol even though the law is strict, we still break it. can't help it.. engine swaps, boosting engines, Throttle bodies. loads of people do that here. and what can i say, the law wont stop me from doing any mods to my car

the funniest restirction that we have here is the size and width of rims and tires, u can put a rim that is wider and bigger that the stock. so for me, by law i can't put anything bigger that 14"...

what can you say about that? ;)

David

the funniest restirction that we have here is the size and width of rims and tires, u can put a rim that is wider and bigger that the stock. so for me, by law i can't put anything bigger that 14"...

what can you say about that? :D

David

id increase it to 15s but i don't mind that law too much, the width part sux though. but it would stop people from putting 20s on their stock hiluxs