Alternator Issues 4k Ke70

MR AKE70

well a few weeks ago the alternator decided to give up the ghost, to be expected i guess, i was looking abit worn out, anyway, went to the wreakers to get one, went to fit it, found out the tension adjusting bracket was not inline, so i just hammered the smeg out of it, to make it straight, as any bodgy hoon would do, went about fitting it, to find, it was stuffed, pasted the 7 day return, money down the drain.

Next adventure, off to repco to buy a new bosch unit, i ring first to find where they would have one in stock. enoggera store it is, get there, "O no, it would be up the road at checkpoint, repco owns them too" ok, up the road i go. ask for the alternator, out they come with it. wrong mounting sizing, single plug-in wiring, flat belt drive not v belt, they ring up and confirm its the right one fron the part no. on the unit, its correct. Well its not.

So off i go again, give up on the bosch and go for the champion unit that they also had in stock at the moreyfield store, off i go, got v belt pulley, old school wire up points, mounts look right. Sold

Once again pull out the wreaker alternator, re wire the new alternator, go to put it in...... Once again the simplist job failed, the mounts on the new alernator are too wide for the braket attached to the motor.

Now to the question, Can you get a bloody aternator bracket for the block that is internally 95mm wide?? If not who the hell has a alternator for a KE70 1.3 ltr 4k motor!!!?

End rant, thanks for reading.

Scotty.

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...