ancullen

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

350km from 42L isn't that bad. The worst I've seen was about 300km from 60-odd litres!

Currently the GT-Four is sitting at 446km off the current tank, but the fuel light is on solidly now, so I'll have to fill it up next time I want to drive it. That's still WAY better than my 380km previous best range. That's a new best of 15.24L/100km vs. 17.89L/100km.

Yea I'll also be going, and as I'm not driving, I'll probably be drinking..... my Pepsi..... where do I go and what time does it start? I know it's in Katherine, but exactly where? Maybe we could follow someone there? I'm just worried about the fuel... getting 170km on a tank, and it takes $60 to fill it up... is that even normal?

i'll stay a night if few fellas are coming

Poof. :no2:

Yea I'll also be going, and as I'm not driving, I'll probably be drinking..... my Pepsi..... where do I go and what time does it start? I know it's in Katherine, but exactly where? Maybe we could follow someone there? I'm just worried about the fuel... getting 170km on a tank, and it takes $60 to fill it up... is that even normal?

170km to a tank!?!?! How hard are you driving the damn thing!?!?! There's either something really wrong, or you need to learn (quickly) to back off the accelerator. I used to get only 250-300km off a 40L tank in my 1984 Honda Accord, with its stock 1.8L motor. To achieve that I only drove from Rosebery to Palmerston High School, pretty much bouncing off the redline the whole way. I could believe that 170km off a tank would be the consumption in the AE82 driven in the same manner. When I got my Galant, I was still driving the way I used to drive the Accord, and would get about 350km from a tank, but it had a 60L tank. When I learned to back off, I found I could get 600+km from a tank.

If any of you guys are coming to Katherine, we'll go as a convoy. That way if there's any problems, you're not stuck on your own hoping someone will stop and help.

Edited by ancullen

170 is very bad fuel economy

You were saying before that the exhaust was really black in a another post i think

I’d be getting that engine compression tested could be you have a bent, or sticky valve something like that

Or get your injectors checked and clean

in the ae102 I’m on 270ks and its only half a needle passed half way that's driving regularly and having the occasional squirt up to speed in a 1.8

Edited by ae174agze

Hows this sound, meet at BP Palm's for brekkie say at 8:00am and head off from there?

Fark me, the last tank of fuel I put in the Corolla I got 420km's. What fuel are you using? I always used Ultimate(like 99% of the time) and at worst premium.

I can't even imagine how hard you would have to drive the Corolla to get 170 km's.

Edit: At a guess I might have to say it could be the way the car is being driven? I mean who doesn't give their car a boot every now and again, a piece of advice, Darwin is a small town, people see things and people tell others..... Slow down :no2:

Edited by Pure-SX

Hows this sound, meet at BP Palm's for brekkie say at 8:00am and head off from there?

BP Palms? Bugger, that would mean I'd have to drive in the opposite direction to Katherine before turning around for the trip to Katherine. Hopefully the 'clunk' I get in the GT-Four when I release the throttle isn't anything too bad. Should be okay for the long drive - I hope.