Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

I Just Got A Free Corolla!

Featured Replies

Its great to see you've got so much support from everyone here. But although the car was free, are you sure its worth the effort for you? It will probably end up costing you more than if you bought something in better nick, especially if you can't do all the work yourself. I bought my rolla for $600 and I'm basically rebuilding it piece by piece. I don't regret it because I've learned a lot from it, its been good fun and I love it to death. But realistically after all that work its still a bit of a heap that owes me probably 4 grand +. And for that I could have a 4agze now :dance:

 

Sorry to rain on your parade, I really hope this project works out for you. Its just its not always great to have things constantly going wrong that you need to fix every pay check.

 

Good luck :yes:

Edited by 200Boy

my car was terminal once. not as bad as this but i had alot of HIDDEN rust. sand it back it it magically appears. stupid stuff. we didnt over over board on expenses and that and she looks amazing as is now (minus a few small blemishes of corse)

  • Author
Its great to see you've got so much support from everyone here. But although the car was free, are you sure its worth the effort for you? It will probably end up costing you more than if you bought something in better nick, especially if you can't do all the work yourself. I bought my rolla for $600 and I'm basically rebuilding it piece by piece. I don't regret it because I've learned a lot from it, its been good fun and I love it to death. But realistically after all that work its still a bit of a heap that owes me probably 4 grand +. And for that I could have a 4agze now :dance:

 

Sorry to rain on your parade, I really hope this project works out for you. Its just its not always great to have things constantly going wrong that you need to fix every pay check.

 

Good luck :yes:

 

it's just a beater to get me around, it only needs to be tidy! but thanks for your support. it's not going to be a keeper, just needs to be reliable and safe enough to get up to one tree hill until i get married and buy a real car

Wanna buy my car? i got a wagon for sale that needs alot less work. only about 3 spots of rust and its on gas :dance:, just a thought

  • Author
Wanna buy my car? i got a wagon for sale that needs alot less work. only about 3 spots of rust and its on gas :dance:, just a thought

 

pm sent!

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Author

my friend and i just put points, plugs, new fuel lines, new filters in! I don't have a dwell meter though and someone has replaced the distributor with a bosch model? needed bosch-type points and i had to call a friend in to set the points correctly. There was no oil in the gearbox or diff either so we've put fresh oil in there too. heading out to pick up new radiator hoses today, then will flush the radiator and replace the fanbelt and it's almost awesome to go!

 

Hey Ryan, are you still keen on coming around to put that old clutch in? if so let me know 0400055524

 

also, does anyone have any of the following in not quite as rusty condition to donate:

front doors (both sides, don't need glass)

front quarter panels

drivers side SEAT

 

if so give me a buzz!

 

so much rust! my brother in law just got his first welder and needs a project, looks like this is it!

2684441365_5bec22d2ec.jpg

  • Author

also current total expenditure has been $328.95, includes rego, bus ticket and $20 in fuel haha

my friend and i just put points, plugs, new fuel lines, new filters in! I don't have a dwell meter though and someone has replaced the distributor with a bosch model? needed bosch-type points and i had to call a friend in to set the points correctly. There was no oil in the gearbox or diff either so we've put fresh oil in there too. heading out to pick up new radiator hoses today, then will flush the radiator and replace the fanbelt and it's almost awesome to go!

 

Hey Ryan, are you still keen on coming around to put that old clutch in? if so let me know 0400055524

 

also, does anyone have any of the following in not quite as rusty condition to donate:

front doors (both sides, don't need glass)

front quarter panels

drivers side SEAT

 

if so give me a buzz!

hey pretty sure the KE55 is mostly bosch anyway. Oh and i have a very nice matching pair of ke30 front seats if your interested

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Author
hey pretty sure the KE55 is mostly bosch anyway. Oh and i have a very nice matching pair of ke30 front seats if your interested

not looking to spend any money on this if possible; how much do you want for them, and can you bring them up to marden? i'd come get them otherwise but here's what I did today:

2777315631_2e339f6ed9.jpg

 

2777315637_6788d4ebce.jpg

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.