I Just Got A Free Corolla!

ponk

Its great to see you've got so much support from everyone here. But although the car was free, are you sure its worth the effort for you? It will probably end up costing you more than if you bought something in better nick, especially if you can't do all the work yourself. I bought my rolla for $600 and I'm basically rebuilding it piece by piece. I don't regret it because I've learned a lot from it, its been good fun and I love it to death. But realistically after all that work its still a bit of a heap that owes me probably 4 grand +. And for that I could have a 4agze now :dance:

Sorry to rain on your parade, I really hope this project works out for you. Its just its not always great to have things constantly going wrong that you need to fix every pay check.

Good luck :yes:

Edited by 200Boy

Members dont see this ad
Its great to see you've got so much support from everyone here. But although the car was free, are you sure its worth the effort for you? It will probably end up costing you more than if you bought something in better nick, especially if you can't do all the work yourself. I bought my rolla for $600 and I'm basically rebuilding it piece by piece. I don't regret it because I've learned a lot from it, its been good fun and I love it to death. But realistically after all that work its still a bit of a heap that owes me probably 4 grand +. And for that I could have a 4agze now :dance:

Sorry to rain on your parade, I really hope this project works out for you. Its just its not always great to have things constantly going wrong that you need to fix every pay check.

Good luck :yes:

it's just a beater to get me around, it only needs to be tidy! but thanks for your support. it's not going to be a keeper, just needs to be reliable and safe enough to get up to one tree hill until i get married and buy a real car

• 3 weeks later...

my friend and i just put points, plugs, new fuel lines, new filters in! I don't have a dwell meter though and someone has replaced the distributor with a bosch model? needed bosch-type points and i had to call a friend in to set the points correctly. There was no oil in the gearbox or diff either so we've put fresh oil in there too. heading out to pick up new radiator hoses today, then will flush the radiator and replace the fanbelt and it's almost awesome to go!

Hey Ryan, are you still keen on coming around to put that old clutch in? if so let me know 0400055524

also, does anyone have any of the following in not quite as rusty condition to donate:

front doors (both sides, don't need glass)

front quarter panels

drivers side SEAT

if so give me a buzz!

so much rust! my brother in law just got his first welder and needs a project, looks like this is it!

2684441365_5bec22d2ec.jpg

my friend and i just put points, plugs, new fuel lines, new filters in! I don't have a dwell meter though and someone has replaced the distributor with a bosch model? needed bosch-type points and i had to call a friend in to set the points correctly. There was no oil in the gearbox or diff either so we've put fresh oil in there too. heading out to pick up new radiator hoses today, then will flush the radiator and replace the fanbelt and it's almost awesome to go!

Hey Ryan, are you still keen on coming around to put that old clutch in? if so let me know 0400055524

also, does anyone have any of the following in not quite as rusty condition to donate:

front doors (both sides, don't need glass)

front quarter panels

drivers side SEAT

if so give me a buzz!

hey pretty sure the KE55 is mostly bosch anyway. Oh and i have a very nice matching pair of ke30 front seats if your interested

• 2 weeks later...
hey pretty sure the KE55 is mostly bosch anyway. Oh and i have a very nice matching pair of ke30 front seats if your interested

not looking to spend any money on this if possible; how much do you want for them, and can you bring them up to marden? i'd come get them otherwise but here's what I did today:

2777315631_2e339f6ed9.jpg

2777315637_6788d4ebce.jpg