4k Not Starting...!!

ke20 king

hey foks

ive got a 4k in my ke20 and it wont start!!

OK ive done almost everything i can think of and all it does it wonting to start wen i spray start ya bastard through the carbie... its got no exhaust on at the moment just manifold.

ive got new plugs, set the dizzy points, got the right firing order, i was ruiing only 6volts to the coil but now I'm getting 9VOLTS, so spark is fine nice and blue, done compression test and there all at 150psi!!

ok now ive been spraying start ya bastard into carbie and it doing like a wonting 2 sound start but not turning over and its just blowing heeps of blue flame out of the manifold.

timing it set at 7degrees BTDC

and it just will not start if any1 knows what the problem is let me know cheers james.!!

Members dont see this ad

only 9V ? have you earthed the engine to the chassis and back to the battery a constant fuel suppy would be better say a 4L lawn mower can with more fuel line.

also if your pouring to much fuel down the carby it wont atomise and may have fouled the plugs alll wet with fuel.

i had this problem or something similar.

i had fuel spark etc. everything was normal.

firing order was correct.

but!!! the dizzy was out by 90degrees!

check that your dizzy is aligned correctly.

the person that had the car before me must have aligned my dizzy wrong but had the leads going to the correct cylinders.

so when i put the leads to how they were supposed to be it wouldn't start!

sorry made a mistake in the post...

engine is not in car my bad!!! ive been trying to start in the engine lifter... havnt trying to pump fuel, plugs r brand new duno if i have fouled them but tho...

i was running 6volts by having the main postive wire going to the jumper leads but when i was cranking it i was getting a voltage drop!! so ran a single wire from another battery just to get more voltage to start the bastard!!! but still couldnt get a full 12VOLTS??

yeah i agree more fuel and check ya earth and also- spark plug leads,coil,condencer points gap,timing- make sure ur distributor isnt 180 out chek everything that has got to do with spark, on my ute it was as simple as the wire that goes from ur coil to condencer was nackerd. johnnyt

yeah man checked that

its all correct thats y this is spinning me out so much

can't get my head around it?? I'm going over every possiablty but ive been ovr it more than once

just wont kick over.!!!

have you checked each individual lead for spark? not just the one from the coil?

well are you sure the 7 degree timing is right? maybe its off? i seem to remember the number 9.

i could def be wrong.

have you checked you fuel flw?

disconnect the hard line from the carby and turn the motor over. if it doesn't pump fuel then there is your problem?

EDIT: soory shoulda read more carefully.

ummm have you tried filling the float chamber up? and then trying?

Edited by blackrolla80