Speedway Racing

tricksta

Hey all,

I am wanting to get into speedway racing, and need as much info as possible.

And i have noticed that a few of you are into it on this site.

I need specs for build, catagorys, license, tracks, etc.

Looking at building a ae82 corolla hatch or a something corolla anyway.

Want to start from scratch. don't want to buy anyone elses car

I have a basic understanding from what i saw growing up as my family was involved in this for quite a few years. But that was 20 years ago now.

Members dont see this ad

I have raced speedway for 4 years and been around it 7 years so i have a pretty good Idea of whats good and whats not. Firstly how old are you under 17's you could race a KE30/55 in junour sedans with a 3K motor due to a 1200cc limit, If you lived in NSW and in juniors with an AE82 with a 4AGE in parramatta juniors due to their 1600cc limit. Other than that I wouldnt bother in senior classes unless you were going to build a commodore or falcon to be up with the good guys or sigma and torana if you want a cheaper old car alternative. So basically if you are over 18 there really isnt a place in speedway for corollas as RWD's dominate the speedway.

I have raced speedway for 4 years and been around it 7 years so i have a pretty good Idea of whats good and whats not. Firstly how old are you under 17's you could race a KE30/55 in junour sedans with a 3K motor due to a 1200cc limit, If you lived in NSW and in juniors with an AE82 with a 4AGE in parramatta juniors due to their 1600cc limit. Other than that I wouldnt bother in senior classes unless you were going to build a commodore or falcon to be up with the good guys or sigma and torana if you want a cheaper old car alternative. So basically if you are over 18 there really isnt a place in speedway for corollas as RWD's dominate the speedway.

Thanks lappy,

Well i am 31, so i guess juniors is out for me.

And i don't mind going rwd. Probably get a torana or a cortina then.

Growing up the family had a Valiant, Eh Holden, Ej Holden & Lj Torana.

Btw i am located se qld. So archerfield would be my closest track