~: T18 :~ The Pumpkin Project

Gspec

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Keeps us posted on your sale and potential new 4 banger Chops.

The pumpkin has had a road worthy check, it requires:

Rear brake shoes

Rear brake cylinders

Front brake pads

Caster rod bushes

Front sway bar bushes

AND

1 exhaust hanger.

Some of which I am doing now. It would have been last night but I wwas given parts for a KE70, seems not many people actually know what T18 is.

Good to see all this progress Sean. Top effort!

Cheers Paul.

Its a bit of last minute rush job to get it on the road as I am sick of driving the Torana.

The pumpkin is no where near 100%.

It needs a better paint job all over.

The boot lid was done with a pressure pack just to get it registered (too cold to 2 pak at the moment) and the rest of the paint could be better.

Plus I have though up a new colour scheme.

The bonnet is just a patch n paint job because good T18 bonnets are hard to find... though as it turns out apparrently KE70 bonnets are the same.

Anyways, she's now registered so I'm looking forwards to doing more work on her, such as rims, suspention, exhaust, carby... etc..

Plus I'm now chasing a KE70 (again) to replace the Torana.

:)

nice job so far :)

Is that a gloss pressure paint on the bonnet? cause i am trying to find a nice shiny white pressure paint to match my car in some areas and don't want to do a full respray because its only to pass rego atm.

nice job so far :D

Is that a gloss pressure paint on the bonnet? cause i am trying to find a nice shiny white pressure paint to match my car in some areas and don't want to do a full respray because its only to pass rego atm.

Cheers mate.

The bonnet is not only 2 pak, its ment to be satin.

As for getting past rego (in Vic) patchy paint will pass as long as the car is no more than 4 colours and there is no visable rust...

However, some paint shops (like the Body Shop) will make up a custom pressure pack of any colour for around $20, they should also be able to colour match too. Just take in your filler panel.

:)