September 7, 200818 yr comment_273253 any ideas of a cheap way to remove window tint its all bubbly every window I'm scared if i start to pull it off it my stick in pieces can't afford to get it someone to do it..and also want to lower car whats the best set up i have only 14 inch rims with low profile tyres :D Report
September 7, 200818 yr comment_273261 What sort of car are we talking about?? I believe the Ford Edsel is quite easy to lower......... Report
September 7, 200818 yr comment_273264 any ideas of a cheap way to remove window tint its all bubbly every window I'm scared if i start to pull it off it my stick in pieces can't afford to get it someone to do it..and also want to lower car whats the best set up i have only 14 inch rims with low profile tyres :D Hey mate, I recently detinted a car at work, I googled and found a bit of info on how to do it so instead of writing it up here is the link, Its a good bit of info and works very well: http://www.tintdude.com/remove.html http://www.tintcenter.com/articles/bt_removal.html I used a tear away plastic seat cover for the window cover. Report
September 7, 200818 yr comment_273266 To remove tint, it only costs ~$80 if I remember correctly. You seem a little tight on money so to remove tint, you'll need an emo blade and a heat gun. Just heat up the area to be removed then rip off tint and scrape away with the blade. Use eucalyptus oil to remove the stickyness. Edit: Ah damn... got in too slow. The above links seem a little better than my advice. :D Edited September 7, 200818 yr by adam-__- Report
September 8, 200818 yr Author comment_273405 its a 90 model corolla hatch really want to lower it i tried the window tint and i got one window of so i might be on the right track i used a hair dryer to heat it up :D Report
September 8, 200818 yr comment_273425 its a 90 model corolla hatch really want to lower it i tried the window tint and i got one window of so i might be on the right track i used a hair dryer to heat it up :D The only problem with heating it up is you can put hot spots in the window and it can shatter, Also the tint can become more adhesive as it shrinks. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now