Rear Coilovers Ke55

neil

Members dont see this ad

you have a 1jz in a ke55...? :dance:

anyway..

id be putting either a complete irs set-up from a s13 or similar into it. seeing as you would have to make mounts for the trailing arms to run a conventinal live axle.

or alternatively you could grad yourself a tarago/hilux diff, convert to trailing arms and grab some s13 rear coilovers, (the actual coilover part would be the easiest.

i have a sortened ford diff with skyline axles already in place. no floor as yet and mini tubs going in. i know i need to make brackets to the diff and so on but i was hoping for some second hand recomendations in the way of sizing and spring rate. this project is well underway and fabrication is not a problem. don't worry there will be pics soon. even I'm scared!!

We got a fax through from DMS (Drummond Motor Sport), who are undoubtedly the best shocks you'll buy for a street car, and if S13 does fit then there's two 50mm fully adjustable seperate bump/redbound shocks on their clearance list that are at ridiculous prices.

RRP per shock is $1069 (not including springs) and they're clearing them out for $650 each, plus you'd need some 65mm race coils to match from wherever, Kings, Lovells or DMS etc.

It's probably over kill, but its you've got the dollars these would be the best shocks you'll buy, and aren't just cheap blingy chinese made crap.

Bit of info on the 50mm gear:

http://www.dmshocks.com/shopexd.asp?id=1

If you're interested I'd have to call them and check they're still available, but at that price for what you get they're a bargain... Assuming S13 rears will work!

Cheers,

Greg

Spot on :hmm: If you're not worried about legality then, it'll be heaps easier to mount an IRS carrier to the car than Welding the 4 link carriers on and reinforcing them. S13 sivlia will be a really close fit. If not MA61 supra or RA65 celica to keep the stud pattern right. There's a CA18DET KE30 getting around in brissy that's running the S13 gear.

you have a 1jz in a ke55...? :yes:

anyway..

id be putting either a complete irs set-up from a s13 or similar into it. seeing as you would have to make mounts for the trailing arms to run a conventinal live axle.

or alternatively you could grad yourself a tarago/hilux diff, convert to trailing arms and grab some s13 rear coilovers, (the actual coilover part would be the easiest.