• 2 weeks later...
Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bought some seats to fit to the '30. Came out of a GC8 WRX. They're a bit slashed up for some reason (Springvale is a dodgy place) but they're only for test fitting purposes at the moment. I'll get them retrimmed or buy some overrated ones later down the track.

th_IMG_1529.jpg

th_IMG_1530.jpg

Coilovers FINALLY arrived today after around 8 weeks...but I think it was worth the wait. They look so sexy.

For anyone who's interested I got:

Short stroke AGX 4 way adjustable inserts

6.3kg/mm springs - 205mm free height

Helper Springs - 70mm free height. 0.45kg/mm, compress to 15mm flat

Cusco Camber Tops

AE86 Power Steering Knuckles

Roll Centre Adjusters

th_IMG_1531.jpg

th_IMG_1532.jpg

th_IMG_1533.jpg

th_IMG_1534.jpg

th_IMG_1535.jpg

th_IMG_1536.jpg

th_IMG_1537.jpg

th_IMG_1538.jpg

Enjoy

Edited by RedKE30

• 6 months later...

First post updated.

Well, after months of umming and ahhing and inactivity I decided that the red car wasn't worth the time. So started to look around, and bought 2 x KE55's from eBay, from a guy who lives about 5 minutes from me. One is auto, one is manual. I'm going to be using the auto shell as it is infinitely better than the manual.

I've wasted too much time with this project already, and I've been urged to get a clear plan in my head.

So here goes:

• First of all, I need to strip and dispose of the two extra cars. So I will be taking what ever parts I need to make my shell as good as possible. Will strip some parts for people who want them, and then get rid of the shells.
  • Get the auto shell in the garage.
  • Start stripping the shell completely. All panels, lights, grilles, bumpers, screens etc.
  • Remove the bog and inspect. I've been told that its just a minor hit, no rust.
  • Sand the body back. Sand the engine bay, and paint.
  • While sanding, continue with the conversion. Install motor, diff, trans, wiring, fuel system etc.
  • When the car is running, get it painted.
  • Once painted, get it engineered.

th_IMG_1970.jpg

th_IMG_1971.jpg

I realise that this may take a fair while, mainly due to cash restrictions. At least I have a car to drive around in in the meantime.

Please offer up any comments or criticism, or lots of inspiration.

If you're looking for KE30/55 parts, here is the wrecking thread for my 2 spare cars.

Cheers,

Sian

Edited by RedKE30

• 5 months later...
Well I've been a bit slack lately. Haven't done as much as I'd like to have on the old girl. Looks like the plans have changed a bit for now. Going to get the car roadworthy so I can learn manual (yes I only have auto P's because I was slack), and then do the conversion later.

Gave the car a service the other day, new plugs, leads and fuel/air/oil filters, replaced a few globes. Fixed up the starting problem by installing a fuse holder in the starter solenoid relay, instead of the terrible wiring that was there. Sat there cranking it but it wouldn't start, so we sprayed some degreaser down the carby and that got her going :jamie:.

Installed a new battery brace made from right angled steel, and made a brand new earth cable to the battery.

I was pulling my wiper motor out yesterday to pull it apart and see if I can get it moving faster, and tried to pull my washer bottle out because it was in the way but put my finger through it. So now I need to replace that along with the amazingly hard 30 year old washer lines and brittle connectors.

Shouldn't need too much more for roadworthy now, just check the brakes and get a new front apron. Hopefully it'll be on the road soon, but now I have to save for rego because it ran out today...it never ends.

hey i oly got auto P's too.. -.- cuz my mum can't drive manual..

gettting it soon tho :blinks: so can do conversion on my rolla hah