October 20, 200817 yr comment_283124 Looking good so far mate. Just a heads up. You shouldn't have completely closed off the holes in your boot. They are meant for drainage when your boot fills up with water (And trust me, it will) Report
October 20, 200817 yr Author comment_283127 Hmm interesting...why does the boot fill up with water? It was only a temp fix until I get the bumper rubbers. Cheers Sian Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283129 Boot rubber leak. If not the boot rubbers then the rear window seal. If not the rear window seal then the tail light seals. It not the tail light seals then the vent seal. Great fun ay. I never realised that yours is an early KE30. Do you know if its had a dash conversion?? Cause from my knowledge your car should have originally come with a one piece dash. Report
October 20, 200817 yr Author comment_283130 Boot rubber leak. If not the boot rubbers then the rear window seal. If not the rear window seal then the tail light seals. It not the tail light seals then the vent seal. Great fun ay. I never realised that yours is an early KE30. Do you know if its had a dash conversion?? Cause from my knowledge your car should have originally come with a one piece dash. Haha sounds great :yes: I'm not sure if it has had a dash conversion, but I know it had a number of later parts fitted to it, so I wouldn't be surprised if it had been done at the same time. It definitely has the late dash in it now. EDIT: Have you had any problems with water leaks into boot + subbies? :lol: Doesn't sound like a great mix. Edited October 20, 200817 yr by RedKE30 Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283154 This thing must have been a death trap before you got it. Fix those seats up asap. Atleast weld them at most make proper brackets. Good work putting the stockas back on. Spacers like that will make baby jesus cry. Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283167 It does leak but not around the subs. I suspect it's coming from behind the tail lights but wont gasket glue it up until I've painted the back end. Report
October 20, 200817 yr Author comment_283184 This thing must have been a death trap before you got it. Fix those seats up asap. Atleast weld them at most make proper brackets. Good work putting the stockas back on. Spacers like that will make baby jesus cry. Haha, yes it was indeed a death trap. The guy we bought it off said he drove it daily, if he did then I'm amazed he survived. Thinking about the seats now, trying to work out how to legally install them. If i was to weld those metal plates to the rails, would that be enough do you think? I don't have anything to say about the spacers :yes:. It does leak but not around the subs. I suspect it's coming from behind the tail lights but wont gasket glue it up until I've painted the back end. Thats a relief, I guess I'll just have to seal the thing up as best I can. Edited October 20, 200817 yr by RedKE30 Report
October 21, 200817 yr comment_283504 Well well well this is where the car ended up. Thank god its to you cos i couldnt bare this gem to not be in an enthusiests hands. Youll be gled to know i was there at the original purchase of the car and i recomended it as it was the best straightest and least rusty corolla id ever seen. I convinced my mate to buy it. The car was actually a 'tint'a'car courtesy vehicle but kept in awesome condition. The boot was the cleanest id seen (til i bought my 1 owner ke30 hehe) It was one of the last ke30's before the change to ke55. Thats why it had the later model dash as the interchange models came out with standard. The motor was replaced to a 1.3 instead of the ke30 1.1 litre previous to the purchase. This car was so clean it just needed a rub and respray. Id also like to mention i have build up pix of it and I'm the actual person that lowered the car. hope ya like the height :laff: Oh and the square headlight conversion was done with me and my mate to make it look similar to my car hehe. ill show ya a sneak peak at some pix..... the day we picked it up Edited October 21, 200817 yr by ROLLLA Report
October 22, 200817 yr Author comment_283547 Well well well this is where the car ended up. Thank god its to you cos i couldnt bare this gem to not be in an enthusiests hands. Youll be gled to know i was there at the original purchase of the car and i recomended it as it was the best straightest and least rusty corolla id ever seen. I convinced my mate to buy it. The car was actually a 'tint'a'car courtesy vehicle but kept in awesome condition. The boot was the cleanest id seen (til i bought my 1 owner ke30 hehe) It was one of the last ke30's before the change to ke55. Thats why it had the later model dash as the interchange models came out with standard. The motor was replaced to a 1.3 instead of the ke30 1.1 litre previous to the purchase. This car was so clean it just needed a rub and respray. Id also like to mention i have build up pix of it and I'm the actual person that lowered the car. hope ya like the height :doh: Oh and the square headlight conversion was done with me and my mate to make it look similar to my car hehe. ill show ya a sneak peak at some pix..... the day we picked it up Sorry but I wouldn't call it a gem :laff: . A pitty that the car is no longer perfectly straight and rust free :(, but hopefully she shall be when I'm finished with her. The height is good but it's probably going to be put back to standard to pass RWC, then I'll lower it properly, reversing the leafs is a bit dodgy. I think the square headlights make the car look tough, I'd say its one of the cars best features. Getting a new grille today as the old one was a bit smashed up. I'd be interested to see any other pictures that you have, would be very grateful if you could email me anything you have. Cheers mate, Sian Edited October 22, 200817 yr by RedKE30 Report
October 22, 200817 yr comment_283553 I'm glad i didn't buy this, what a headache. But you've done well with it so far man. Report
October 22, 200817 yr Author comment_283554 I'm glad i didn't buy this, what a headache. But you've done well with it so far man. Headache? I haven't even started yet mate :laff:. This is what a love of cars is all about. Me, my brother and my dad are doing all the work, so saving a bit of money that way, and hey, it's fun. Cheers Sian Edited October 22, 200817 yr by RedKE30 Report
October 22, 200817 yr Author comment_283596 i got more pix if you would like them? I'd like every pic of this car you have if that would be ok? Report
October 22, 200817 yr Author comment_283621 Looking good so far mate. Just a heads up. You shouldn't have completely closed off the holes in your boot. They are meant for drainage when your boot fills up with water (And trust me, it will) Big rain storm last night. Opened up the boot today, presto, enough water to take a bath in :laff:. Probably about an inch of water on the passenger side in the boot pocket thing. Report
October 22, 200817 yr comment_283625 Big rain storm last night. Opened up the boot today, presto, enough water to take a bath in :laff:. Probably about an inch of water on the passenger side in the boot pocket thing. Hey mate.... I had the same thing in my ke70... figured out it was comin in through the lights My spare wheel well was filled right up same with the compartments down the sides. ended up drillin some holes for drainage and sealed my back lights up (they will never be able to come out again lol) My boot is sweet now Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now