October 16, 200817 yr comment_281954 just wanted to know before i made one, id make it look like a bought one, id make it out of stainless and polish him up, just wanted to know about getting a breather for it and anything i should know before i set out and make one. Travis Report
October 16, 200817 yr comment_281955 It won't be legal as you are now venting the crankcase fumes to the atmosphere, rather than sending them back through the intake to be burnt in the combustion process. Other than that, make sure it isn't sealed, is simple to empty and is at least a couple of litres. Report
October 16, 200817 yr comment_281962 You can't. You could perhaps get inventive and plumb a line to a sealed catch tank with another line back to your intake. Depending on how you configured your in and out lines, I would imagine that the majority of the condensate would settle in your tank, but you still have a return to your intake. I reckon you could have fun debating the science of it the next time a copper pulls you over though. Frankly, I wouldn't bother. Report
October 17, 200817 yr Author comment_282168 ok so like a sealed one so it just works same as just the cable to intake cept instead its got a can in between that catches the excess oil and only vapours go into your intake? mm i probs shouldnt bother but it says with the nikki carbi in the faq that i probably should. Travis Report
October 17, 200817 yr comment_282224 Unless your engine is very sick, there should be minimal oil in it. What you will get is a scummy milky watery muck. Legally it has to go back into your intake, but depends on how much of an issue that is for you. The engine will probably run slightly better without it, but it would be pretty marginal. Years ago when I had twin webers on a 2T I had a non returning catch tank as I didn't have anywhere to run the breather to with my intake setup. Therefore some form of catch tank was required for club sprints rather than having it spew out onto the track, especially if you lunched the engine. These days I run standard configuration intakes on a 4AGE and eventually also on a 2TG. Personally I don't see any point if you have a standard type intake setup. All it does is create smell and mess in you engine bay. Report
October 17, 200817 yr Author comment_282227 alright, i will see how she goes without it dirst, and if i have a problem ill make a sealed one Cheers for your help man :) Travis Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now