October 19, 200817 yr comment_282819 Hi All I have been offered a fwd '96 Trueno with a 4age for $500 is it worth getting this nd ripping the motor out to put in my 30 ?? what extra parts will I need, any Ideas of the overall cost. I know I will need mounts and gearbox. I am pretty sure its a bzg trueno with a blacktop. Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_282920 hey lol I'm in the same position I'm gettin a 4age built for a boat motor lol 120 kw :yes: for $500 but the things you have to think of is cost of a gear box and you will have to do all the mounts yourself or paysome one to do them i worked it out to be about $1000 to do mine on the cheap and once the motors in there you will need to do brakes, diff and suspension unless you arnt going to comply it. hope this helps (some how) lol .... Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_282921 hey lol I'm in the same position I'm gettin a 4age built for a boat motor lol 120 kw :yes: for $500 but the things you have to think of is cost of a gear box and you will have to do all the mounts yourself or paysome one to do them i worked it out to be about $1000 to do mine on the cheap and once the motors in there you will need to do brakes, diff and suspension unless you arnt going to comply it. hope this helps (some how) lol .... Report
October 20, 200817 yr Author comment_283149 Well I firhured seeing as I am going to be buying a whole levin for $500 and its in good nick, could I not use the struts in my ke30?? its a 96 levin. then I could use the struts and brakes.. :yes: Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283151 you'll also need: larger fuel lines, intank pump or surge tank with two pumps. tail shaft made to suit possible larger diff brake booster and bigger brakes if you are going to engineer it extractors to fit your engine bay exhaust with cat you may want other things like gauges and seats. Report
October 20, 200817 yr comment_283157 it always starts out small lol. the next thing you know you've spent 12 months and 10 grand and still arent finished lol. good fun though. realisticly budget 5k and you should be able to get all the neccesary stuff completed. Report
October 22, 200817 yr comment_283827 you'll also need: larger fuel lines, intank pump or surge tank with two pumps. tail shaft made to suit possible larger diff brake booster and bigger brakes if you are going to engineer it extractors to fit your engine bay exhaust with cat you may want other things like gauges and seats. I'm doing this same conversion but with a silvertop. Will need a 5 speed from ke70/ae71 (I think) $200? New diff probably (I'm spending about $900 I think) Everything else mentioned above, I haven't priced up this stuff yet. A 5k estimate may be a little steep. You'll also need the RWD cooling parts, you can talk to a guy called Sam_Q, he makes them custom, looks factory. I'm going to get him to make me all the necessary parts when the time comes. Hope this has helped. Cheers Sian Report
October 22, 200817 yr comment_283847 if anything i think $5k is a little underestimated. depending on the quality of your setup, you can easily spend: $300 on tailshaft $10-1500 on brakes $200 for reconditioned brake booster $50-2000 for a diff $30-1000 on seats alone, you want to slide around on 70's vinyl? $0-300 for a steering wheel, $1500 for an aftermarket ECU $300-1000 for a set of useful gauges $300-500 on fuel setup. $150-300 for thermofan $50-1000 for some nice extractors $300 for high flow cat $500-1500 for engineers report $300 for blue slip/pink slip/change of details/registration haven't included all the other little things that can seriously add up or the RWD water setup, hyrdraulic master cylinder/lines, or timing belt/waterpump service you should do, or motor seals, radiator, shocks/springs, H4 conversion, mufflers, wheels/tyres all this and you will either want to spend another shitload to make it handle good or put a turbo on it for some real fun. Edited October 23, 200817 yr by Jono Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now