4k Decompression Gasket

DearmanKE

Members dont see this ad

No, but you can get a thicker copper gasket, so you don't have to use a HG on each side of the decomp plate. Copper gasket requires O-ring the block and/or head though.

Or.....Just retard the timing to reduce compression "at the time of firing" by locking the dizzy and running 20-25o BTDC static and you'll be set.h

Edited by Taz_Rx

locking the timeing asin blocking off the timeing vacuum advance? and running shitloads of timeing?

hmmm,

wont a copper gasket be thicker anyway(in theory making it a decomp gasket), and how do you o ring the block

whats a better idea, decomp plate and 2 gaskets or cooper gasket with o rings?

Or even, how would stock 4k with 3k pistons and new rings and seals cope with boost, say 6 psi, possibly more coz il probs be like f@$k it and crank it up at a much later stage lol

Edited by Shizotimang

Oringing would be the best option, but this requires a bare block to be taken to your local machine shop.

You can do it yourself even with the block still in the car (as somebody here did) but frankly I wouldn't trust myself with the tool, so I'm going to get it done for me.

Locking up the dizzy means you lock out the MECHANICAL advance, not vac advance. Pull you dizzy apart (its a 4k right?), ie pull all of the points plate out of it and you will find the weights and springs of the mech advance. Remove the springs and replace them with some tie wire. Set at 20-25o BTDC static and forget about it.

Decomp plate is one of the worse options IMHO.

Myself and others have run over 20 psi on stock internals/compression ratio, so just leave it I say.

Putting 3k pistons in a 4k will do absolutely nothing, as a 4k is just a strokied 3k.

yeah i know it wont do anything to compression with 3k pistons, but ive got some and i heard there stronger so might aswell use them?

and the block will be going to a engine recons anyway to get a skim,

how much does o ringing cost?

I'm thinking il just stick with stock comp tho, in the end its just a 4k. another 40 bucks will get me another one lol