4age Bluetop Ignitor Wiring

l1ttle_d3vil

posted this message on toyspeed but haven't solved much there so thought ill try here.

heres a link to that thread so you don't end up asking the same questions.

http://forums.toyspeed.org.nz/viewtopic.php?t=29092

...heres my original thread.

ignitorwiring.jpg

got a problem wiring my ignitor up... the green plug off the coil/ignitor pack (in the top left) plugs into the yellow plug i have arrowed. thats all sweet but where is the smaller green two pin plug (in the box) supposed to go?

from looking at wiring diagrams it seems that it goes to the ignitor aswell but i only got one plug coming from the ignitor.

so...do i have the wrong ignitor? (its off a 1985 ae82 fxgt - i don't know the exact model of my engine or what the loom is off) I'm thinking that could be part of the problem as the plug colours don't match - then again ive never seen a coil with a yellow plug.

or is there another way around it? can i just cut the plug off and rewire it to the coil or something?

any help would be appreciated.

cheers

Members dont see this ad

Well you have there a big port ignitor and coil, the green plug should plug up to another green plug and the yellow plug goes to the distributor ( 3 pin), where did you get the loom for your engine? and you need to find what engine you have exactly. If your loom has grey plugs then id say that you have a smallport loom.

Is that a rwd jap engine?? the dizzy looks to be a rwd version?

Edited by ira11y

found out tonight that the yellow plug i had connected to the coil/ignitor IS for air/con or something - definatly not the coil/ignitor anyway. i stripped another loom off a different model (newer i think) 4age back and found the right 4-pin green plug that i need.

i don't know exactly what my engine is out of, and i don't know exactly what my loom is off (not much chance of finding out either unless you can tell from looking at the actual loom).

all i know is its a bluetop engine, with what i think is a rwd loom, its gone into a ke35 and i don't have any spark from the coil when i plug the air-con plug in :D

Medicine_Man, yes that helps. can you upload a different angle of your coil/ignitor? do you know what is the 2-pin green plug is for exactly? looks in that photo as if its just a terminal screwed onto the top of the ignitor or something?

and the plug for the dizzy is one of the yellow ones on the right of the pic - thats all sweet.

can anyone tell me what the yellow plug in the bottom of this pic is for/where it goes to? ive been told it might go to a fusebox or relay box or something - does anyone know for sure?

i traced one of the wires from the ignitor to this plug, the other two plugs to the ECU, and the 4th plug goes to some sort of plug which has a fuse plugged into the end.

is the wire that goes to the plug in this pic just for a power wire or something more complicated? i can't see anywhere that this plug goes in to so just wondering if i can wire it somewhere else - depending on what it is.

DSC04332.jpg

Edited by l1ttle_d3vil

ok first off the ignitor medicineman is showing you have does not appear to be from a 4AGE so theres your first problem. The plug below is not used for the ecu, it looks like a stereo plug, the plug you are missing from the ecu in that shot is for the fuel pump relay which has a yellow plug. in fact the whole loom appears to be wrong, the orange plug is definately ODD they should ALL be yellow plugs like the RHS plug on the ECU.

If i get motivated ill take a shot of a full loom and a coil and igniter sometime in the near future.