Mods For 4ac

alistair11

Members dont see this ad

A conversion will cost you the engine $800-1500, fuel setup $300-600,exhaust $300-600 and wiring if you pay a guy maybe $400

not to mention you may want to replace the clutch $150-300and do a timing belt $80 or even a water pump$ 180.

conversion total $1800-3660

of coarse with the luck of finding these items cheaper, i think just a simple webber upgrade on the cheap would suit

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/WEBER-ADAPTOR-PLATE...p3286.m20.l1116

webber $60 from wreckers rebuilt $200 adaptor plate kit $49.95 $9.95 postage

weber total $319.90

all depends on if you want to bite the 4AGE bullet.

I would also have said not to waste time with the 4AC and just put a 4AGE of some description in. But to do it properly is pretty expensive even if you do it all yourself. There are lots of little things you don't expect to do, and it is likely to require engineering to be legal depending on what state you are in.

I had a mildly worked 2T years ago and people used to ask me why I just didn't put a 2TG in instead.

However it put out the same power as my mates stock 2TG and didn't cost a lot. Just do the usual stuff; port and polish the head, mild cam, downdraft weber, lightened flywheel. If the compression is OK, I wouldn't even bother rebuilding the bottom end, my 2T bottom end wasn't rebuilt and it got hammered on the street and at various club events for years.

Plus you can always keep an eye out for a spare 4AC just in case it does let go. Most people throw them out and you can pick them up for next to nothing if you are not desperate for one to get your daily driver going again yesterday.

And you will have lots of fun without the grief of a half arsed conversion that takes a lot longer than you expect.