Aftermarket Aircond

demuire

Does anyone know anything about this? Cost, description, features etc?

I remember waaay back a long time ago in Malaysia my uncle's Datsun 120Y had a little box under the dash for aircond, it had a fan and everything built in, very neat and just had 2 switches and a knob on it. Worked reasonably well too, I'm not sure how much plumbing etc it had.

Also, do they have a heater function too? Or do they only work as an aircond?

Members dont see this ad

I think they only work as aircon. We have one of these on the water truck at work. Works suprisingly well for the volume of air it has to cool. Price etc Ive got no idea about. The one we've got has 2 knobs. One for fan setting and one for thermostat settings. Doesnt have reverse cycle and I doubt you'll find one that does do it.

i put a/c into my 69 ke18...the dash unit, condesnser, and dryer are out of a 74 corolla wagon, the hoses are custom made, the compressor is an aftermarket sankyo/sanden unit and the engine bracket is a toyota unit from a 82 starlet

i should be able to get you guys parts out here; i'm sure the shipping would be killer though.

p.s. i have almost everything to convert to a 4ke; manifolds, injectors, valve cover, fuel rail, ecu, airflow meter. you're on your own for a pump and harness.

i don't know what the hilux pickups used for injectors; i used a set for a while, i noted an increase in low to mid range, but a drop in mileage of like 7mpg