S13 Coilovers

original

Ok. I'm keen on adjustable coil overs and have been reading the many different discussions out there about using s13 coilovers and brake.

Sounds like a great idea, but havent seen any discussion about putting them in a ke35 coupe.

Now the deal is that you swap the camber plate with an ae86 or ke70 item fore the respected vehicle. would this also be the deal for the ke35?

anyone else done this and want to share their experiences?

cheers

Members dont see this ad
  • 1 month later...

You don't need to change the master in an E7 import love. Unless your using SR20DET brakes. I think?

As to the original question: Yes, caber plates of respective car, but adjustable ones. I don't know how redily availible KE35 adjustable caber tops are, so if you did do the conversion (which by your second post, it doesnt seem you are any longer) you might be better to just use the S13 camber top and re drill your holes in the top of the strut tower.

I'm starting this conversion tomorrow in my KE70 pannelvan.

camber tops are readily available through K-mac i have them in my 30 but again the problem is they do not give you much adjustment, this is mainly due to the fact that the top spring seat hits on the inside of the strut tower wall.

changing to a coilover set-up should avoid this as coilovers use a narrower spring.

Also the downside to K-macs camber tops you are looking at close to $400 for the pair.

not really worth it in the long run I agree with re-drilling the holes for the srut tops, just make sure you measure the holes up first. :y:

ive got s13 gear in my ke70

handles great if you ask me

you need to get base adjustable coilovers cause s13's generally use a shorter strut than kes, so you need as much adjustment as you can get

you only need a bigger master if you are using sr20 brakes, i have CA18 brakes and stocko (brand new though) masteryclinder. you gota push the pedal a bit harder, but i think it makes it feel better anyway.

there are only 2 diffferent sized s13 brakes, SR and CA. CA are PLENTY for these small cars, SR is a bit of an overkill.

best off getting the proper camber tops for your car, cuase its hard to cover up the holes if you redrill the strut tower. having said that i redrilled mine to s13, regret it every day, but you get that.

dunno about the older ke's (30, 55 whatever) but for ke70 its almost a bolt in afair.

you need to drill a 14mm hole in your crossmember, as your stocko one is 12mm, and nissan bolt is 14m. if you can't get a s13 LCA bolt, go get one off an R31, all the same.

standard s13 LCA's will give you about +30mm track either side. crap if you want to run psycho offset wheels, but if your like me and have normal sized wheels (mine are 15x7 +23) they will sit perfectly flush with your untouched guards with about -2 degrees of camber.

i hear that R31 LCA's are about 30mm shorter than s13 ones and are a direct replacement, i will be looking into this in the future.

how does the LCA length compare in a ke70 to a ke30? you might have to go straight to R31 ones if s13 ones are gonna be too long.

thats about it really, bolt it in get a wheel alignment and drive away happily!

I don't have base height adjust, although mine is sitting very low.

yeah its possible to get away with it, but as you say its stinking low.

i have jic base adjustble ones, but apparnetly JIC are short in general

I'm at the top of the adjustment on the base, and prolly 2/3 up the thread on the spring seat, and the crossmember is about 140mm off the ground

alternatively my mate has same setup as me but with, KEI OFFICE coilovers.

his are so damn long, but this allows for heaps more "Droop" or how much the wheels can drop away from the chassis, which makes thing way more comfortable.