Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

4a-fc Carb Intake/exhaust On 4a-fe

Featured Replies

My friend has AE90/Holden nova with dead 4A-FC twin cam carb motor.

I've been looking for cheap 4A-FC but no luck, I found a low km well price

4A-FE injected motor and want to know if the carbi intake manifolds and

exhuast manifold are direct bolt up fit?

Also will it bolt up to the gearbox the same way?

Engine mounts the same?

Anyone know?

 

I'd do a whole EFI conversion for her but she doesn't have the money.

ok...i've had a look at doing something similar very recently - and have encountered a few issues.

1) the injector ports would need to be filled up

2) there is no allowance for the mechanical fuel pump on the side of the block.

 

out side of that, the gearbox will bolt up fine, as will the exhaust manifold.

a way around it is to skim the fc head, and put it on the fe bottom end (or a standard 4a bottom end) so all mounts will be identical.

That would at least get you around any issues with efi conversion.

I fitted a 4AFE to my AE82 seca just left the injectors in and ran 4AFC manifold and a electric fuel pump.

I fitted a 4AFE to my AE82 seca just left the injectors in and ran 4AFC manifold and a electric fuel pump.

howd that go? low pressure pump?

howd that go? low pressure pump?

 

4AFC is a carby manifold, obversely I did run a carby. I left the injector rail in the 4AFE head to fill the 4 holes.

4AFC is a carby manifold, obversely I did run a carby. I left the injector rail in the 4AFE head to fill the 4 holes.

 

how did it compare to the original engine? also, what sort of fuel pump did you use, and where did you locate it - no flooding issues/fuel consumption increase?

how did it compare to the original engine? also, what sort of fuel pump did you use, and where did you locate it - no flooding issues/fuel consumption increase?

 

I took out a 4AC 2 valves per cylinder that was not even cross-flow so it was like comparing chalk and cheese. I used a facet fuel pump located on the shocker tower it did use to make a little too much noise for my liking but i just lived with it. I did a lot of porting tricked up the carby.

if i drove easy and didn't put my foot down it did better fuel economy than the old 4ac

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.