Re Stamping Engine Numbers Back On

Hi Guys

I just picked up a new 20v engine and discovered that the engine number was missing from the block

I asked the guy and he said he was trying to modify somethng and ended up taking pretty much all the numbers off (the 4a and one other number are still there)\

He provided me with the numbers (which are ligit) but i'm not sure the best way to get them back on the engine

Has anyone had to do this or whats the best thing to do?

Cheers - Andrew

Members dont see this ad

Yeah thats what i thought too but the numbers he gave me check out and looking at the marks where the numbers are it certainly doesnt look like an intentional job

It kinda looks like he was cutting the manifofd with a grinder and slipped and hit the block if you know what i mean like more of a gouge than a shave

Edited by KE ping it real

yea but it would have to be same size as the 4a and other numbers still on it

and why you get a 20v anyway :'(

Yeah thats a good idea with the punches, i'll see if i can find some

And as for the 20v trav, well i was going to put it in another ke30 but now its actually going to go into the 35

The plan will be to run it N/A for a while and when i get bored with the power down the track i'll run a low boost turbo application and probably drop the compression

I decidetd that i would rather have a quality 20v install than a slapped together budget 16v turbo at this stage

ahh ok then, should be good, you looked into the differences between blacktop and silvertop i hope?

personally i think i would have gone blacktop from memory

just make sure you get punches that are around same height as original ones or its gonna look suss to engineer

and looks like your gonna need to paint the block too now if your punching it

o and you wouldnt happen to have a stock 4k carby still, as i need a working fuel soliniod :'( nothing works on my car haha

ahh ok then, should be good, you looked into the differences between blacktop and silvertop i hope?

personally i think i would have gone blacktop from memory

just make sure you get punches that are around same height as original ones or its gonna look suss to engineer

and looks like your gonna need to paint the block too now if your punching it

o and you wouldnt happen to have a stock 4k carby still, as i need a working fuel soliniod :'( nothing works on my car haha

Yeah from what ive heard though the actual in the car difference between a silvertop and a blacktop isnt that much an supposedly the silvertop has stronger internals

And i'll measure up the numbers to make sure i get them right

And sorry mate but i don't have any k motor parts anymore they are all 4a now

damn ok then,

i heard there was compression difference so you want one with less compression if your going turbo, and there were other things but i can't remember them for the life of me

stupid k motors i should just swap my car for a stock ae71 :'( so i can move to 4a stuff

nah ill just get a second car maybe an s13 and then ill buy my mates ae71 sitting in his paadock rusting away

needs cash though.....

Take the block to the local cop shop or rego engineering joint. Sometimes they will have an xray machine that X-rays the block to check the engine number. They can re-stamp the numbers and from what ive heard they put a P or something to say that its been offically restamped or something.

Take the block to the local cop shop or rego engineering joint. Sometimes they will have an xray machine that X-rays the block to check the engine number. They can re-stamp the numbers and from what ive heard they put a P or something to say that its been offically restamped or something.

Awesome thanks for the tip, ill sus it out