December 10, 200817 yr comment_296832 Hey guys, I'm just wondering what is the diametre for the end of the exhaust pipe coz I have to buy a new tip tomorrow, and i want one that I can just slip on. If anyone has any rough ideas that would be fantastic I looked in FAQs but it said don't go bigger than 2 inch, but not what it actually is. Thanks guys, Lexxi :D Edited December 10, 200817 yr by Lexxi[ke35] Report
December 10, 200817 yr comment_296838 My advice would be to buy a 59 cent ruler from Woolies, and go nuts! Report
December 10, 200817 yr comment_296839 Time for you to get a ruler or tape measure. On a car that's nearly 30 odd years old the size could be anything from 1-1/4" to 2-1/2" inch diameter and anything in between. Report
December 10, 200817 yr Author comment_296876 lol yeah I know, problem is, I'm at my boyfriend's house, where my car is not. Report
December 10, 200817 yr comment_296905 Hey guys, I'm just wondering what is the diametre for the end of the exhaust pipe coz I have to buy a new tip tomorrow, and i want one that I can just slip on. I once found a length of 4inch (or was it 5inch :D ) diameter truck exhaust at the dump years back, me and a mate attacked it with a hack saw cut some slots into it and bashed the sawn end in till it was a tight fit over the stock tip. Was the craziest mod i ever did to the poor thing till it fell off..... The morale of the story - anything will fit if you have a hacksaw just make sure you weld it on, or at least use a clamp so it doesn't fall off.... Report
December 10, 200817 yr comment_296928 Well, our KE55 had approx. a 1.5" exhaust from the headers back. Report
December 11, 200817 yr Author comment_296968 so if I get about a 2 inch tip it should be alright?? I guess I could always take it back if it doesn't fit. Thanks anyways guys. Report
December 11, 200817 yr comment_296988 just go to an exhaust shop, they will have tips there and give you a hand on what to pick. Report
December 11, 200817 yr comment_297100 Should also be able to get it a little cheaper Plus get it fitted up Report
December 13, 200817 yr Author comment_297544 Got one for twenty bucks from supercheap. I think its 41 mm, its a bit too big, but we're gonna bang it a bit to fit it. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now