December 11, 200817 yr comment_297035 Hey guys. I've got an oil leak that appears to be coming from the dizzy where it bolts onto the 5K engine... It's around that general area anyway, and there is ALWAYS fresh oil there. I can move the distributor less than a millimetre and where it moves there is a bit of oil so I'm presuming it's happening there... just wondering what this is indicative of. Guy on ae86dc had similar problem with their 4AGE... someone mentioned a dizzy o ring? Also, how much do electric dizzies go for and what kind would I need if I wanted one? Cheers. :D Edited December 11, 200817 yr by Mybowlcut Report
December 11, 200817 yr comment_297048 Yeah there's an o-ring around the dizzy shaft, I've had one leak befor. $0.50 and half an hour and it was fixed. :D Just don't put the dizzy back in 180o out. Elec dizzies go for anywhere between $50 and $200 depending on condition, there's one on ebay at the moment. Either type with do (internal/external ignitor) as long as you use the correct coil/ignitor. Report
December 11, 200817 yr Author comment_297055 Yeah there's an o-ring around the dizzy shaft, I've had one leak befor. $0.50 and half an hour and it was fixed. :D Just don't put the dizzy back in 180o out. Elec dizzies go for anywhere between $50 and $200 depending on condition, there's one on ebay at the moment. Either type with do (internal/external ignitor) as long as you use the correct coil/ignitor. Half an hour to you = 5 hours to me. :P Haha. Chris might know though... What is the correct coil/ignitor? Is there a particular make or brand that you would suggest? Cheers. Report
December 11, 200817 yr Author comment_297079 http://www.rollaclub.com/board/index.php?act=Search :P Most of them are saying they come off liteace vans.. but I have a 5K and I'm pretty sure my dizzy isn't electric haha... god I know shit all. How can you tell? :P :D Report
December 11, 200817 yr comment_297084 yours is electric, remember i wanted to steal it for the race car. if you want to get all anal. you can have the dizzy rebuilt for $105 Report
December 11, 200817 yr Author comment_297090 yours is electric, remember i wanted to steal it for the race car. if you want to get all anal. you can have the dizzy rebuilt for $105 Hahaha lesson learned... always ask Chris before opening my mouth on RC. If it's electric then I won't bother... but the seal thing sounds like a good deal as it's leaking a f^^^ load of oil... Report
December 11, 200817 yr comment_297168 Yeah there's an o-ring around the dizzy shaft, I've had one leak befor. $0.50 and half an hour and it was fixed. :) Just don't put the dizzy back in 180o out. Elec dizzies go for anywhere between $50 and $200 depending on condition, there's one on ebay at the moment. Either type with do (internal/external ignitor) as long as you use the correct coil/ignitor. Link to said dizzy? Had a quick check and couldn't find it. Report
December 11, 200817 yr comment_297207 Elec dizzy is easy to pick, just pull the cap off and if you don't have points, you know its electric. If you don't know what points are, google it and you soon will! As mentioned the O ring is easy, but when you pull the dizzy out, pay great attention to the orientation of the Rotor, you'll need to get that back in the same spot to get the car running. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now