Front Suspension Almost Sorted...

demuire

Front suspension almost sorted, just a few things more and a few mods to make and it'll bolt together... Mmm pretty :)

12030001-vi.jpg

Total cost of front suspension + brake setup so far: $2200 (geez it'd better work)

Components:

RT132 Corona struts shortened 40mm

Custom adjustable height coilover setup

King Springs 250lb 250mm 65mm ID prosport springs

Boge bumpstops (these bloody things are ridiculously expensive - in retrospec should have just gotten some rubber bits to use as bumpstops)

KMac adjustable strut tops

AE92 Koni Sport adjustable shocks

AE86 powersteering steering arms

Mitsubishi Scorpion GE (or GH) lower control arms

Custom lower control arm bushes

Peugeot 604 slotted vented discs

Toyota Landcruiser 4 piston calipers

Mazda RX7 Racebrakes RB74 pads

Things left to get:

Bleed valves

Brake lines

Custom crush tubes for lower control arms

Things still to be considered:

Heavier swaybar?

Other bushes (that are currently in varying states of deteoration, and all rubber)

More photos:

http://fookseung.fotki.com/automotive-1/ke...nt_strut_setup/

Members dont see this ad

Power steering ones are about an inch shorter. Quicker rack.

Umm... Does anyone have any spare 14" or larger wheels in RWD offset with 4x114.3 stud pattern, any sort of tyres? I kinda just realised that once I put all this gear on I can't push the car around anymore because I have no wheels that fit on the front! :)

Maybe I'll just put it all together and leave the calipers off, the 13" steelies *might* fit over the discs by themselves...

Well, see I just need to use the wheels temporarily so i can wheel the car around, so doesn't need to look good, or even be in good condition, as long as they bolt on and can roll around I'm happy :)

NickAE86: Most of the work done by me, shortening and welding of the ring to support the sleeves done by someone I know (don't trust my welding enough yet).

really? I'm impressed...it all looks very smick

wd

i've got some wheels off a sprinter that i bought a few weeks back but havent had a car to fit them to yet...still in process of coversion

15's i think....could be 16"...fark can't remember pattern/offset (spose that don't matter too much) either & can't access PF from work to check....i'll find out...but if u want em for a few days that can be arranged