Bore'ing Out A 4k

trav_555

is this possible, if i bored my 4k out to 81mm, i know that a mechanic claims to have done it, but he's a tosser and i don't like him

would i need new conrods? what would be involved in doing this? and how much we looking at, and anyone wanting to do it for me, if they have the workshop?

cheers

havent really looked into boreing so I'm very new to this aspect, so if i say things wrong its cause i only have a basic understanding for the moment as i have no one to tell me about it

cheers

Travis

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

because I'm on my p;s and want to up it as close to a 1.6 as i can without it being illegal ie 4age

an s13 cause it already has 2 litre engine, there good man, can't deny that, even if they are nissan, but lets not start a shit fight over that stuff

anyone else got quotes before/done? without as much custom gear that knocks up the price?

cheers

Travis

because I'm on my p;s and want to up it as close to a 1.6 as i can without it being illegal ie 4age

Travis

Anything over 1490cc will be illegal to drive in a KE unless engineered. Infact, any modification to increase performance is illegal for a P plater to drive period. Ring engine builders yourself if you are genuinely interested in doing this. IMO it ain't gonna happen. If you want a fullsick fast car bro, why buy a KE770 in the first place or just go a 4age as it would probably cost less to do, and be just as illegal to drive.

Edited by bLinded_

i don't see how there gonna tell if its been bored

and you can do any mod on your p's, its what people get confused with

you can do engine modifications to it, just nothing that recquires engineering or is forced induction

and you can get an exemption for that anyway

it probably wont happen..yet, id still like to know for future reference anyway mate

EDIT: you can put another engine in as long as it does not require major modificatoin and is under 15% increase

Edited by trav_555

Changing the engine for increased performance will result in the vehicle

being a prohibited vehicle for P-plate use. I have attached a link to

the RTA light vehicle modifications policy. Please review this policy

and contact Technical Enquiries on 1300 137 302 if you have any further

questions.

http://www.rta.nsw.gov.au/registration/dow...s/vsi/vsi06.pdf

Yours sincerely

Andrew Kouros

Senior Policy Officer

Driver Sanctions Unit

Licensing, Registration and Freight

Roads and Traffic Authority of NSW

Quote regarding 4AGE in KE70 for P plate use.

typo, meant modified engine.

Your initial statement of "because I'm on my p;s and want to up it as close to a 1.6 as i can without it being illegal ie 4age" is basically a contradiction of what your are wanting to do. 1.6 is illegal in the first place in a KE70 w/out engineering (which makes it illegal for you, a P plater) and just modifying it makes it just as illegal as doing a 4age swap for the same or less than what it would cost boring a 4k to 1600cc. If you want 1.6 in a KE buy an ae71. It is a Win- Win situation. 1.6 AND legal for you to drive. :)

i will be next yr, gonna make a jdm one mate :)

but id love to have a real tough 4k, so i can lift the hood and say yea its a 1.3

its pretty good with what ive done, want more though

o and is your 5k ke70 fine for p platers?

cheers

Travis

that seems excessive how do they justify that price for boring and bushes, was it for a recond short motor.

I can see what you mean by making it look non- illegal, but I just don't see the cost being < the gains. And like I said, it is just as illegal as a 4age.

And no, my 5K isn't legal for a p plater. 15% increase of a 4k(1290cc) is 1483cc, and a 5K is 1496cc, so therefore should require engineering, thus prohibited by P plate driving. Also it has a reground cam, extractors, twin Dellortos etc which are clear performance modifications.