Bore'ing Out A 4k

trav_555

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yea, i wonder that too

i have a mate who recond and shaved down my head, i wonder if he bores out engines too

might have to ask him when i go back to tafe next yr

so how about fitting 4age pistons, say if i can bore it

what custom would i need?

just basic tools and a ring compressor many hours of cleaning is why you pay the big $

alright sweet, so would i just take off 4k pistons and fit 4age pistons? easy as that, along with cleaning and everything, and new piston rings and stuff?

you may need to machine something so the 4A gudgeon pin fits the k con-rods and I'm not sure about piston height From gudgeon to top of piston. but it is just a matter of getting the components side by side and working it out.

hahaha, you are a mess.

I paid 1300 for:

-Acid dip

-New cam bearings, fitted

-40 thou overbore plus new ACL pistons

-Balance

-Head rebuild

-Full set of rings, seals, gaskets, bearings, etc.

Had to build it myself.

Your talking about a 6mm (240thou) overbore. I'd be impressed if you could get away with that.

yea i realise its fairly oversize, thats why i was like wtf when the mechanic told me he had done it

id say he has more just bored it out a lil bit and then grinded down 4age pistons to fit

6mm is hugelly oversize

i probs am a mess, but i still don't appreciate roo's off topic stupid comments

There was a starlet that was just for sale on trademe over here in n.z which hada 5k which had bin bored out and had 4agze pistons fitted so it can be done. Cost him 5gs (in recipts) for the work.. Was turbo running a single 40mm sidedraft. Bit excessive if you ask me but suposedly went like the clappers..

There was a starlet that was just for sale on trademe over here in n.z which hada 5k which had bin bored out and had 4agze pistons fitted so it can be done. Cost him 5gs (in recipts) for the work.. Was turbo running a single 40mm sidedraft. Bit excessive if you ask me but suposedly went like the clappers..

even if you need to fit 4 sleeves it will still come in under budget.