December 25, 200817 yr comment_301502 The gearbox donor car ( http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=26303 ) is a bit more responsive than mine and it has a lot of hoses disconnected, can anyone tell me which hoses I should disconnect or block in mine and which I shouldn't to make it go just that little bit better. With so few KE70's on the road I'm sure our emissions aren't that worrisome... Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301673 I'm not too sure about the hoses and things but you could swap over the motor at the same time your doing the gearbox all in one go. Might save a bit of time from undoing all the bell housing bolts and you will have the more responsive motor. Report
December 26, 200817 yr Author comment_301838 We're going to do a compression test this morning and pick the best engine.... Mind you, one's an auto previously owned by a little old lady, and the other was owned by a young guy... Twin 12-inch subs in the boot etc The pic is one dad took of me vacuuming out the spiderwebs, there's no way I was going to be unbolting the diff with a house spider hanging over my nose- they give me the heebie jeebies!! Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301843 How much of a difference in power are we talking about? I'm not a huge fan of the EGR single pipe outlet exhaust manifold on a ke70, nor the air injection if it has it. Disgusting thing, makes it pop through the exhaust... would drive me looney. Ke70 had something weird happening with vac advance, would only get it in fourth and/or fifth gear? Its been a long time since I read the emissions booklet. Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301851 The pic is one dad took of me vacuuming out the spiderwebs, there's no way I was going to be unbolting the diff with a house spider hanging over my nose- they give me the heebie jeebies!! SEXY :) Report
December 26, 200817 yr comment_301853 I've woosed out and got the spider spray and spent a good 20 minutes cleaning under the bonnet of at least three cars in my career.... I can put up with a bit but these cars had more spiderweb/spiders than automotive componentry and I had to replace a starter motor and pull a gearbox out of another one and I just was not in the mood for spiders crawling up my arms. Report
December 28, 200817 yr Author comment_302154 Notes stolen from compression test- Blue- 1 - 150 2 - 150 3 - 155 4 - 160 Donor- 130 130 135 130 So we're sticking with the engine out of my car, the main reason dad wanted to change them over was that there's a little chuffing noise that drives him nuts every time I start it up... We'll find it eventually. Gearbox is out and cleaned and I'm going to have to wash the dishes for the next 3 years to get my hands cleaned... Both cars have the single pipe exhaust rather than 4-2-1 but I don't know about the injection, have to ask dad cause I'm only learning. However we did notice that the manual donor has a lot more hoses to mess about with than the auto does... ;) Report
December 30, 200817 yr comment_302812 Notes stolen from compression test- Blue- 1 - 150 2 - 150 3 - 155 4 - 160 Donor- 130 130 135 130 So we're sticking with the engine out of my car, the main reason dad wanted to change them over was that there's a little chuffing noise that drives him nuts every time I start it up... We'll find it eventually. Gearbox is out and cleaned and I'm going to have to wash the dishes for the next 3 years to get my hands cleaned... Both cars have the single pipe exhaust rather than 4-2-1 but I don't know about the injection, have to ask dad cause I'm only learning. However we did notice that the manual donor has a lot more hoses to mess about with than the auto does... :) Hmm, on the couple of 55's I've looked at, the auto has had a STUPID amount of hoses, most of which aren't necessary. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now