April 20, 200917 yr Author comment_337988 just a couple of tricks: Machine the flange flat before welding anything onto in take lots of time to organise pipe layout (Clearances between starter motor, steering boot, chasis, clutch, ect Weld pipes in stages (e.g 1-4 to the collector, 2-3 to the collector then weld 2-3 onto flange, ect) don't get too much penetration on welds (too much penetration will reduce the ID of the pipe causing more restriction) get pipe lengths as equal as possible tack pipes together before welding properly get extractors machined flat after all welding is done Report
April 20, 200917 yr Author comment_337991 i will be getting the fuel pumps and the inlet manifold over the next 2-3 weeks Here is the bend for up and over the diff i have put an excel radiatior in now and i will put more pics up later Cheers Jarrod Edited April 20, 200917 yr by Corolla1 Report
May 7, 200917 yr comment_342848 hey looks like it should be nice, should go hard how did the excel radiator fit was there much chopping envolved. also nice job on the extractors. Report
May 11, 200917 yr Author comment_343763 hey looks like it should be nice, should go hard how did the excel radiator fit was there much chopping envolved. also nice job on the extractors. I had to cut on both sides of where the existing radiator was. I wanted to make the radiator as high as possible so the engine wont get an airlock. heres another picture of the completed extractors I have now ordered fuel pumps, a T3 manifold for ITB's, Vacum tank, ect. Report
May 22, 200917 yr Author comment_346765 I have now received my fuel pumps and my stuff from America. I have now ran 5/16 steel fuel lines under the car. Here are some pictures Report
June 14, 200917 yr Author comment_352070 I have brought and installed a Haltech PS1000. the car is now running but needs a tune. Here are some pics i have a video of it running for the first time, but i can post it up. Edited June 14, 200917 yr by Corolla1 Report
June 15, 200917 yr comment_352322 Hey mate. where did you get your steel fuel line? was it expensive? Report
June 16, 200917 yr Author comment_352494 Hey mate. where did you get your steel fuel line? was it expensive? I got the fuel line from Repco at Noarlunga. for a 7.5m roll it was about 70 bucks (thats 5/16 in size) here is a link to the video of it running cheers jarrod Report
June 16, 200917 yr comment_352706 Hey mate. where did you get your steel fuel line? was it expensive? You'd want to run atleast 3/8 for your 308 mate. 8/ An engine that size I would probably run 1/2 inch! Report
June 17, 200917 yr comment_352849 You'd want to run atleast 3/8 for your 308 mate. 8/ An engine that size I would probably run 1/2 inch! Well where they have 5/16 its fair to say they'd have 3/8 aswel. Just seeing where people source their steel line from. Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now