S13 Oil Cooler On A K Series?

andro0o

Members dont see this ad

K's don't really need oil coolers,...until you start pushing lots of power out of them or by heating the oil with other means, ie turbo.

You can get an adapter plate which screws on under your oil filter, the one I have pictured below also has an inbuilt thermostat.

100_0526.jpg

where might i aqquire an adapter plate and how much are they?

most proper performance shops will stock them plz dnt try autobahn or something like that but there any where between 100 and 300 dollars oh and there usually called a sandwhich plate :y:

Duggy

Yeah like duggy said ask for an "oil cooler sandwich plate".

I've got a couple from bursons for $80 each. I think they're actually for a chev, but have the right diametre and thread pitch for a K - incase your parts man needs some help. :y:

• 4 weeks later...

First of all I would suggest you are wasting your time with a K motor unless it is a really serious build.

Second, any cooler matrix made for an S13 will be way to big for a K series. If you do fit one, would be critically important to fit a thermostat otherwise the oil will always be too cold, which is very bad.

Seriously, it is a waste of time.

If you are still really keen, go here and download the catalogue which has a lot of relevant info about how, why and design issues for your system. Plus every part you can imagine.