Ke70 Rb20

boosted_ke30

holy crap! i totally hope you're in queensland, i'd love to see this thing on a track

reminds me of that rb25-powered ae86 i saw at queensland raceway one day, under full throttle it got so much twist up, the hatch would flap. didn't turn the best, but got around corners eventually, and was amazing on the straights

Members dont see this ad
ok i am going all toyota front end with 8kg ae86 coilovers, 5kg rear trd springs with kyb shocks. i just need to get camber tops and ae86 power steering arms and should be set for giving this set up a go.

thats about what i'd be starting with.... but i'd add some longer lower arms for more track/camber in the front, get the one piece 80's rwd sigma arms, i'd also add some lock spacers because i think you'll be doing some countersteering :P

just remember if you do for the longer arms and are gonna do grip racing you need to space rear out about the same amount or it'll become a oversteer monster!!!

i'd also add in some rose-jointed caster rods, they give the steering a more direct feel and very little toe changes when suspension travels.

i'd also fit some RCA's, there fairly cheap and make a world of differance to bump steer, ###### makes some nice ones aswell

btw i run a sr20det in my ke70 with 86 struts, 7kg springs, rca's, trd inserts, caster rods, lengthened lower arms, p/s arms, lock spacers and its pretty close to how i want it, but your driving style might be way different to mine :(

pretty sure this is qld as there isnt that many of those sets of wheels kicking around...

when u get yours finished, hopefully ill have mine finished and we can have a run, 1g ke70 vs rb20 ke70, should be awesome haha

how much space do you have between the harmonic balancer pulley and the front rail of the engine bay?

my 1g is all in the engine bay,but leaves you phuck all room to move with front to back, will be interesting to see how yours handles compared to mine, but theres some dollars going into my car and my mechanic is very keen on circuit racing and knows what works at QR, so it should be fun.

wide at the front, narrow at the rear may not be a bad way to run with these sorts of nose heavy cars, as people say, it can make it oversteer happy, but the extra weight up front makes then understeer happy anyway.

only thing it may do is make it twitchy, as in understeer, then picks up a handful of turn in and before you know it, its put you round in a circle.

will be interesting to play around with, I'm probably gonna run adjustable LCA, i saw some really professional ones on a website but havnt found them again, would be worth a play...

hmm, I'm getting offtrack.

can we get some more indepth pictures of the bay and undercar.

what ahve you done with the gear stick? double jointed in your elbow and shoulder? :P