20v Head On 4a-gze

1G-GTE KE70

Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't see why you're using the SR20. You can get a 3S-GTE engine pack (includes ECU & ancilliaries) for $2450 (see here), and then you just hook it up to a Corona W50 transmission. Better than saying you've got a Toyota with a Nissan motor. And don't tell me there's not aftermarket/performance parts easily available for the 3S-GTE. Below are some links:

Toda Camshafts

3SGTE Adjustable Cam Gears

Forged Pistons & Billet Rods

Pulley Kits

I would like to think that I've made my point. Toyota powered by Toyota sounds way better than Toyota powered by Nissan.

that's an awesome price hey, they're usually over 3. i'd be buying that if i was considering a turbo engine swap

there's no denying a 3s is a better motor than an sr. a sr20det head with portwork can only flow up to about 90% of a stock 3sgte head

it's been done on a flowbench, one of john slee's mates who has a group 3j racecar i believe. someone who was apparently pretty good at SR headporting gave it a go, and like i said, couldn't even match the rate of a stock 3S. toyota rocks

I think you guys are forgetting the car will weigh about 800KG and it is for drift not a dyno mule.

I will only need about 200KW. well I don't even need that but I want it haha. any power after that is a bonus.

SR20 is what it's going to be! I've never seen a complete forged internal rebuild kit for an 3S-GTE. There are thousands of ads for 1JZ, 2JZ, CA18, SR20, RB2# etc.

but yeah. go the SR!

the 3sgte is iron block, and can handle a shit load of power..... theres forged internals avail for them, but you need to be pushing 4-500hp to need them!

the 3sgte has been proven to be a lot stronger stock than the sr20.

the only reason the sr20 is so popular is you can buy it with a rwd gearbox.

whereas the 3sgte need a bit of work to convert to rwd and people are lazy.

theres more to hp than big ports....

Man, the 3SGE is so huge and heavy, yet apparently lighter than an SR20DET... *scratches head*

That's odd. I would have thought that the SR20 would be much lighter, being all-alloy vs. the 3S-GE's iron-block.

Just a side note: When MG put the all-alloy 3.5L Rover V8 in the MGB, it was only a couple of kilos heavier than the all-iron 1.8L inline-4 it was replacing.