April 16, 200521 yr comment_39492 hi guys & gals I've been searching the various forums to see if i can gain a little insight into an issue thats recently popped up in my t50. I have to travel to helensvale and back each day for work (100km round trip approx) and i've noticed that when i get off the highway I have problems selecting gears. Downshifts are an issue & even when I'm stationary any gear slection is hard. It doesn't crunch...it just does not want to go in gear. I have to pump the clutch a few times, blip the throttle and try selecting between 1st & 2nd before eventually it'll sink in Most of the info i've come across has been with cold start issues on the t50. Mine has been running for about 30min @ 110kmph. I'm guessing its a synchro issue but i wanted to throw it out to you guys to see what you have to say It is possible to run the synchros dry on the other gears if I'm in 5th for an extendend period of time? ie: too much heat :S any feedback is appreciated Edited April 16, 200521 yr by NickAE86 Report
April 16, 200521 yr comment_39496 what is your clutch Mechanism type??? if it is hydo, then the pushrod probably isnt long enough to separate the plate or there is AIR in the system, probaly need a good bleed.... Report
April 16, 200521 yr comment_39497 Start with clutch hydraulics. New slaves are about $25, and you can kit the masters. Report
April 16, 200521 yr Author comment_39513 interesting. If it were clutch issues wouldn't the problem be constant? it's only an issue after a stint on the freeway I might pull it apart tomorrow...the box is reasonably fresh but the clutch was a used item from the previous owner. thanks guys :S Report
April 16, 200521 yr comment_39515 Clutch hydraulics can be a bit funny, it can start out intermittent, but it will only get worse. R Report
April 17, 200521 yr comment_39607 check the oil level in your gear box, sounds like lack of oil. Report
April 20, 200521 yr comment_40183 i had the same problem when the weather got down to -10f.....i had to put 50wt engine oil in my k60 just to get it into gear. i am now using synthetic 9w gear oil and it's smooth as glass.....a bit noisy though. but that's a bearing problem i've always had, not a lube issue Report
April 21, 200521 yr comment_40235 check the clutch slave first for any fluid leaking, then the master cyl, if none of these are leaking then pull the box out & check the spikot bush in the end of the crank.if its stuffed it will still drive the front input staft & cause hard gear changes Report
Please sign in to comment
You will be able to leave a comment after signing in
Sign In Now