Philbeys Yamaha Xs650 Custom Motorbike

philbey

Members dont see this ad
  • 2 weeks later...

Got the tank I bought on ebay. Still undecided if I like it though. I dropped it on the frame and its bloody gargantuan. I dig the profile, and the twin caps but its so damn wide and the squared off tail on it galls me just a little.

I think I'll get the cutting disc on it and section 2 inches out of the centreline, and narrow the tunnel slightly.

gallery_2873_162_39988.jpg

gallery_2873_162_152470.jpg

'78 SC. It's got a carrera badge on the back. Small shed, wide angle lens, was hard to snap a shot of the bike without getting that enormous whale tail in the photo!

Once the damn Rolla is out of the shed, the Porsche is going in and I'll strip it for a respray. I'm going to get a second boot lid for it and I'll have one with the wing one without.

Here's a proper piccie.

gallery_2873_189_94933.jpg

Just bought a Green Metalflake seat for this rocket! Yeah! Gaudy.

Even If I don't use it I'll hang it on the wall, look the shit! I was thinking metalflake green as the main colour on the bike anyway, so if this is a good colour I'll be laughing.

gallery_2873_162_866.jpg

Just bought a Green Metalflake seat for this rocket! Yeah! Gaudy.

Even If I don't use it I'll hang it on the wall, look the shit! I was thinking metalflake green as the main colour on the bike anyway, so if this is a good colour I'll be laughing.

gallery_2873_162_866.jpg

i could use that seat on my rolla, :) ?

I can't believe you signed up to post that comment. Gold.

I don't have too many toys. You don't have enough!

Watching another tank on Ebay right now.... An hour to go and its getting close to my top dollar figure....

Edited by philbey

• 2 weeks later...

Got my metalflake seat arrived in the post. Awesome, but now I'm rethinking my colour scheme slightly. I'm thinking metlaflake black base colour on the tank with white panels on the sides, similar on the rear gaurd.

Scored a front end on the weekend as well, just need to sort out a rear wheel and Its basically ready to all bolt together!

• 1 month later...

Yeh some minor updates. Took the frame down to a welder last week for him to take a look at. I'll head round his place this week and we'll get it jigged up and welded.

I've also managed to get the last major bits and pieces, I bought a stock front end and spoked wheel, and a spoked drum rear wheel went in the post for me yesterday. Once the welding's done then there's not much stopping me!

Pics shortly....