• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OKE020 is the MAN!!

he's done it all so knows his shit....

why not a 2j?

Mark

because i want to still drive it on the street and not kill myself within a week of having the car running again lol\

i am only 19 btw but with the plans for the 1J i don't think a 2J would be aloud into a 840 kilo car mayb non turbo would be pushing it severly

because i want to still drive it on the street and not kill myself within a week of having the car running again lol\

i am only 19 btw but with the plans for the 1J i don't think a 2J would be aloud into a 840 kilo car mayb non turbo would be pushing it severly

So you reckon a 2J will be too powerful but a 1J won't be? It's still a freakin' twin-turbo straight six, from factory they made roughly the same power (due to crappy Japanese-gentlemen's-agreement 206kw limit).

So you reckon a 2J will be too powerful but a 1J won't be? It's still a freakin' twin-turbo straight six, from factory they made roughly the same power (due to crappy Japanese-gentlemen's-agreement 206kw limit).

no a 2j wont pass power to weight ratio for the engineering cert man that s why the 1 is going into the car

no a 2j wont pass power to weight ratio for the engineering cert man that s why the 1 is going into the car

I was referring to the "i want to still drive it on the street and not kill myself within a week of having the car running again" comment. A 2JZ will be scary fast. A 1JZ will be a tiny bit less scary fast, but still scary fast. Either one easily has the capacity to spear you off the road at an extremely high rate of speed.

I was referring to the "i want to still drive it on the street and not kill myself within a week of having the car running again" comment. A 2JZ will be scary fast. A 1JZ will be a tiny bit less scary fast, but still scary fast. Either one easily has the capacity to spear you off the road at an extremely high rate of speed.

Yeah i understand that man so thats y after i have gotten used to driving the turbo 1J there will be little mods put onto it and huge brakes put under it then i will be going 2J

true i had a 1jz cressida, that little stock turbo'd 2.5 hauled arse even in a 1600kg land barge, oh i have an na 2jz sitting collecting dust under a bench in my shed if you go down that path :wink:

cool were you wanting to sell it??

Yeah i understand that man so thats y after i have gotten used to driving the turbo 1J there will be little mods put onto it and huge brakes put under it then i will be going 2J

No, you don't seem to be understanding. If anything, the brakes should go in BEFORE the 1JZ (most likely they'll have to anyway, just to get it engineered). If there's one thing you don't want it's an over-powered, under-braked car. And trust me, a TA22 with a 1JZ WILL be over-powered, let alone a 2JZ.

You're comparing the 1JZ and the 2JZ like their the shallow end and deep end of a pool - once you've mastered the shallow end you can stump up the courage for the deep end. Except in this case, they're the shallow and deep end of the DIVING pool, where even the shallowest bit is 4 metres deep.

Walk before you can run dude, walk before you can run. Get something like a 4AGE in there first, more power than the 2TG, a ball to drive, but still relatively calm to drive and a good handler. THEN look at something bigger/with a turbo.

everything is for sale lol, i pulled the head off it to have a squiz and looks good in there, don't want much for it, are you in brisbane?

that I am sir that I am

No, you don't seem to be understanding. If anything, the brakes should go in BEFORE the 1JZ (most likely they'll have to anyway, just to get it engineered). If there's one thing you don't want it's an over-powered, under-braked car. And trust me, a TA22 with a 1JZ WILL be over-powered, let alone a 2JZ.

You're comparing the 1JZ and the 2JZ like their the shallow end and deep end of a pool - once you've mastered the shallow end you can stump up the courage for the deep end. Except in this case, they're the shallow and deep end of the DIVING pool, where even the shallowest bit is 4 metres deep.

Walk before you can run dude, walk before you can run. Get something like a 4AGE in there first, more power than the 2TG, a ball to drive, but still relatively calm to drive and a good handler. THEN look at something bigger/with a turbo.

thanks for the advice man

brakes will be done at the same time motor goes in, i do know that there both high powered motors and instead of spending the cash on a 4AGE conversion, yeah it would be good and it would make the car alot more hassle free i would also get sick of it quickly aswell and then want to go bigger again which i couldnt afford to do so many different stages of conversions on it anyway,

IF i went 2J it DEFFINATELY WOULDN'T BE 2JZGTTE it would only be 2JZGE n/a and i think i'm going to get enough attention from the police in a bright yellow TA22 anyway( i do get too much attention form them as it stands) specially if it had a 2J in it and i had no engineering cert for it!!!

yeah but i am the type of person who will jump straight into the deep end and worry about the consiquences after

No offence but a 4age in a TA22 is hardly going to set the world on fire, granted there is scope for improvement with decent internals and the addition of a turbo but to achieve this you are going to be throwing a lot of coin at it, machine work, rods, pistons, headwork, cams, turbo gear, aftermarket management etc. A 1ggte will probably come close to producing similar performance in stock form. A 1JZ will well exceed the performance of all but maybe the most extreme 4agets, it will do it with a stock ecu and a whole lot more factory manners.

No offence but a 4age in a TA22 is hardly going to set the world on fire,

It's not intended to, and I didn't say it would. But, you will end up with a car with approximately 100kw/tonne at the wheels, light and nippy with good handling, and the conversion won't break the bank either. What I'm trying to say is that going from a 4K AE71 and 2T TA22 to a 1JZ or 13b turbo is a massive step that shouldn't be taken in one go, rather broken down into smaller, easier, safer ones. Unless it's only going to be a drag or burnout car, a 4AGE will provide more than enough power for fun times. And if you want something more, just drop a GZE straight in, just as much effort for better results and it'll still be relatively sane (plus providing turbo path once you get used to it)

A 1ggte will probably come close to producing similar performance in stock form. A 1JZ will well exceed the performance of all but maybe the most extreme 4agets, it will do it with a stock ecu and a whole lot more factory manners.

Factory manners mean nothing when you have 200kw in a short-wheelbase 1-tonne car, thats about the same power-to-weight ratio as a HSV W427. For an inexperienced driver, that's tree-hugging potential if ever I've seen it, and I don't mean the hippie-kind of tree-hugging either.

Edited by Hiro Protagonist