2tgeu Ecu Error Codes

machg

see: http://www.rollaclub.com/board/?showtopic=22733&st=90. I need a complete list of error codes for a standard 2TGEU ECU. I also need to know which ports to bridge (no I'm not talking about rotaries, LOL) and some way of hooking up a test light for the flashes as I don't have the 2TGEU dash. I'll check Toymods again, but don't like my chances. Thanks in anticipation, Mark

Members dont see this ad

I have no personal experience with 2TGEU ecu's. Did a quick search on toymods for you. Only thing relevant was this from Norbie, who I think would know what he is talking about.

"2T-GEU EFI is the old analog L-Jet setup. It doesn't have anything as sophisticated as self-diagnostics I'm afraid. What do you expect from late 70's electronics?"

Also see first post here which may help.

Edited by parrot

This may be able to help you:

Toyota EFI for 3T-GTEU (other analog EFI systems similar)

And also this:

The older Toyota fuel injection systems, from here on referred as Toyota EFI, are analog systems based on Bosch L-jetronic. Around the mid-80's the Toyota TCCS took over, it is a (8031/8051) microcontroller based digital system using in-chip ROM. That means there is no separate ROM chip which could easily be

read and replaced for tuning purposes... Later versions use more powerful microcontrollers. The TCCS systems use L-jetronic, MAP, hot-wire and vortex type air flow meters depending on application.

Toyota EFI trouble codes for 4K-E, 22R-E, 2S-E (probably also all others)

1 All OK

2 AFM Vc open Vc / Vc-VS, open Vb AFM Vc/Vs, wiring, ECU

3 AFM Vs open Vs, Vs-E2 short, open Vb AFM Vb/Vc/Vs, wiring, ECU

4 THW THW open Coolant sensor, wiring, ECU

5 O2 Ox stuck rich/lean Oxy sensor, wiring, ECU

6 IG no ignition signal ignition, wiring, ECU

7 TPS Idl/Psw short TPS, wiring, ECU

8 THA open/short intake temperature sensor

9 SPD speed sensor just leave it disconnected -

it's for speed limiter only.

10 STA starter signal

11 A/C air conditioneer switch, TPS or neutral start switch

How to read the codes?

1. turn ignition on, but don't start the engine

2. short the check engine connector (or between T and ground)

3. check engine light will now blink indicating the code. Count the number of successive blinks and that's the code. Be aware that there may be more than one trouble code stored, in which case the next displayed code is different. There is a 3 second pause between the codes. Codes will be repeated until you remove the short in check engine connector.

4. Clear the codes by removing the "stop" fuse, or disconnect the battery for at least 30 seconds.