Members dont see this ad
  • Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Cheers mate,

It's just export spray can paint from super cheap called ocean blue. Strangely enough the colour of the lid on the can is like a navy blue but as you can see it's alot lighter than navy :y:

i was planning on leaving the car in primer until a friend of mine said that primer isn't the best for a car as it holds the little bits of water in allowing it to help rusting or what not. Can anyone confirm that for us??

So with that in mind i went into the shed this afternoon & seen that i had a couple of ocean blue spray cans laying around so i thought "why the hell not" lol

I'm not a pro at painting what so ever & cannot afford a decent paint job just yet, but this will do in the meantime & will slow down the rusting process for now.

The cars spec's as it sits at the moment is:

84 Ae71,

5 speed manual,

4ac with weber carby & a single drift pipe out the rear,

Locked diff,

86 struts in the front with chopped pedders spring's (unknown shocks),

Cut falcon springs in the rear with sierra shocks,

Sitting on an unknown pair of 14 x 6" 5 spokes up front (i have 6 wheels this style in total)

& a pair of low offset 13" hotwires with a bit of stretch on the rear.

Inside isn't anything to special so it's not worthy of any photos just yet, but left over from previous project in the shed i have:

Front strut brace (painted orange),

Pair of Driftbitz bucket seats on xe7x rails (ready to bolt in),

mx83 lower control arms,

Brand new pink dildo gear knob,

4 x 52mm gauges with 7 different backlight colours (water temp, oil temp, oil pressure & boost)

3 & 3/4" matrix tacho (brand new with 7 different backlight colours to)

Brand new pioneer cd player (with ipod connector)

Car alarm & keyless entry,

My 15" meshies that are on the yellow 70 atm

& also the smallport :yes: .

Thats bout it for now but will keep everyone updated.

Cheers Tom

Yeah man export ftw! Super cheap has them on sale......3 cans for $7.99 so its not to bad.

I sanded the roof today, only got to it with 80 grit on the orby but its a start. Hopefully should have the body all painted (primer & colour, minus the clear coat) by next monday seen as friday & monday are holidays :yes:

Also my girlfriends younger brother noticed today a little chip in my windscreen that turned into a nice big crack :y: so it's just thing to add to the slow process.

Anyways thats about it for now seen as the weekends over :y:

• 3 weeks later...

Well here's a little bit of an update. The car is up for sale, complete car + smallport 4age loom & ecu & might be sold as it stands atm, but for the buyer to be interested the car had to be complete. But if anyone is keen at all pm me & i'll discuss details with you about the sale.

So here's a couple of pics of what it looks like now.

post-2186-1240806125_thumb.jpg

post-2186-1240806311_thumb.jpg

Cheers Guys.

Edited by Rola Drifter

• 3 weeks later...