Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

3kgte

Featured Replies

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these?

My boyfriend and I were on our evening constitutional and we were discussing engines and how alot of people but dirty nissan engines into Corollas because they're 'faster' and easier. He told me that if money was no option he'd engineer one of these. Corollas racing in the 70's apparently had some engines modified and were racing a 3k bottom with double overhead cams, turbo charged and efi. Until they took the class out. Apparently there's only a couple left in the world.

 

It sounds like a pretty cool concept, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them, had any pics etc?

I tried google, and I searched all the keywords I could think of on here, I'm pretty sure it's not called a 3kgte, but it's the easiest way to describe it in Toyota-speak.

I was wondering if anyone knew anything about these?

My boyfriend and I were on our evening constitutional and we were discussing engines and how alot of people but dirty nissan engines into Corollas because they're 'faster' and easier. He told me that if money was no option he'd engineer one of these. Corollas racing in the 70's apparently had some engines modified and were racing a 3k bottom with double overhead cams, turbo charged and efi. Until they took the class out. Apparently there's only a couple left in the world.

 

It sounds like a pretty cool concept, and I was wondering if anyone knew anything about them, had any pics etc?

I tried google, and I searched all the keywords I could think of on here, I'm pretty sure it's not called a 3kgte, but it's the easiest way to describe it in Toyota-speak.

 

Apart from the turbo bit, sounds like the mythical 3KR, which is actually not a 3KR and really a 150e racing engine. Like the other Toyota racing engines (151e, 503e etc), they have very little in common with the engines they are based off.

 

And here's a thread on Rollaclub about it already.

  • Author

Yeah, after following the link that Hiro Protagonist posted I found that they are in fact called 150E's and I then googled it and found a lot of useful info.

Thanks for the replies guys!

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.