4age Upgrades..

rad32

hey all..

just acquired a ke70 with a 4age bigport.

now i don't know ANYTHING about these but i have been told this engine used to be a supercharged one...

i have been told the oil feed and oil return lines are still there but just blocked off.

now how do i go about making it turbo/supercharged again?

what will i need? i would prefer turbo..

cheers all :D

Members dont see this ad

you will need......

to read and check out HERE

as well as a turbo (or supercharger), a flux capacitor, a few litres of nawzz, lotsa cable ties and someone to hang out the passenger window screaming obscenities at everyone you pass.

seriously, type 4AGE turbo into google and spend a few days reading and checking out whatever you come across.

dF

if you are on a small budget you can probably get away with an off-the-shelf turbo manifold, buying a 2nd hand ebay turbo off a nissan forum, connect up those oil lines, run some water lines and run some pipework through an intercooler from your turbo to the inlet manifold, get a tune and laugh away.

if you can spend some money get a steampipe manifold made up with equal length pipe, new exhaust. brand new BB turbo (won't get into the size debate here) and get a really good tune on a dyno.

hmm so a turbo with manifold, connect up lines (add water lines if oil and water cooled) fmic and tune!

hmmm might start looking into it

Go see Buddy Parts he will probably have all the parts you are looking for and be able to do it for you if you are not able to or willing to.

You probably need to find a cheap T28 off an S13 Silvia, get dump pipe and intercooler piping etc and off you go.

Beware though you may not have the right size injectors and also the tune will not be right for turbo so some work may be needed there. Best thing to do is do all your research first, find out a rough cost and if you still like it then go for it.

In my opinion you do not need a turbo to enjoy the KE70 chassis. I had a CA one and my mate has an SR one. We have both been in a NA 4AGE one and agree it is much more fun to drive, you CAN ACTUALLY drive it properly, and you can make use of ALL the power all the time, rather than being too scared to most of the time. You do not need big power to have fun in these things, but each to their own and maybe I am getting too old and grumpy.

Go see Buddy Parts he will probably have all the parts you are looking for and be able to do it for you if you are not able to or willing to.

You probably need to find a cheap T28 off an S13 Silvia, get dump pipe and intercooler piping etc and off you go.

Beware though you may not have the right size injectors and also the tune will not be right for turbo so some work may be needed there. Best thing to do is do all your research first, find out a rough cost and if you still like it then go for it.

In my opinion you do not need a turbo to enjoy the KE70 chassis. I had a CA one and my mate has an SR one. We have both been in a NA 4AGE one and agree it is much more fun to drive, you CAN ACTUALLY drive it properly, and you can make use of ALL the power all the time, rather than being too scared to most of the time. You do not need big power to have fun in these things, but each to their own and maybe I am getting too old and grumpy.

awsome mate thanks for the info!

the 4age feels like its got a power band...

it opens up higher in rev.. but sluggish down low..

maybe coz i have come from a rb20det r32 and a rb25det r32 lol..

i think I'm a boost junkie!

awsome mate thanks for the info!

the 4age feels like its got a power band...

it opens up higher in rev.. but sluggish down low..

maybe coz i have come from a rb20det r32 and a rb25det r32 lol..

i think I'm a boost junkie!

Find someone with a turbo KE70 with a decent amount of power and I mean somewhere around 160rwkw. Go for a ride in it, crap your daks and realise that they don't handle with that amount of power and no traction.

Then come up with some interesting NA mods to make your 4AGE breathe better, sound more hardcore and make a little more power that you can actually use.

I went for a 20 valve in my AE71, more revvy, quad throttles so the induction will be pure sex, and useable power

Hell I had a JZX100 Chaser before this, so I know what it's like to be addicted to boost. :D