20valve Silvertop Idle Problems

mrgtvi

Hi,

I'm after some genuine advice regarding my 20valve. Ever since i bought the car, i've had idle problems. When its cold, it idles good, but when it gets warm the idles keep playing up. When i stop on lights the car sounds like its goin to turn off, but sometimes itll slowly make its way up back to 900 rpm, and idle good. Ive done a full service including leads, iridium plugs, filters, changed TPS, changed the computer (stock 20valve) and i've still had no luck. Has anyone had a similar problem or knows their 20valves well enough to help me out?

Thanks.

Members dont see this ad
pull out your ISCV out and give it a clean.

Hi, correct me if I'm wrong because I'm not too familiar with the ISCV...looking at the engine from the front of the car, the ISCV is to the right of the throttle bodies under the many vacuum hoses and runs a fat vacuum hose in front of the injectors- pulling this hose out will make the car turn off...is this the ISCV?

Thanks.

Base idle needs set. start engine, warm it up, pull a vacum line off, turn car off, lock out ecu (wire across E1 to T1), unplug ISCV, reconnect vacum line, start car, turn idle screw until car idles, turn car off, reconnect ISCV plug & pull wire from E1 & T1. car should idle NOTE: idle should be on top of or on the side of ISCV, DON'T adjust the 4 on the throttle Bodys.

good luck

Black top manual >http://www.locost7.info/mirror/4age_blacktop.php