Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Ke55 Struts And Stud Pattern Onto A Ke20

Featured Replies

hi I did a search and couldnt find anything but if anyone can prove me wrong please do.

ok what I want to do is put my ke55 struts and brakes etc into a ke20 how do I do it?

  • Author

all the searches I tried came up with nothing....

except errors...

and thanks for those two, but niether of them tell me what I want to know...

 

I have a ke55 wreck that I want to use the brakes and hubs out of in a ke20 so as a they stop better and b I get to have the better stud pattern and c I have them sitting there so why not use them...

front: ke55 hubs, ke20 inner bearing, ke55 discs and backing plates. some ke70 backing plates won't work. you can't swap the whole strut

 

rear: jap ke20 diff housing and center, ke30 jap axles shortened 6mm, ke30 drums. i also think ke55 drums will work and are bigger

If I can remember correctly (7 years of killing brain cells since we last done this), isn't there an issue with the mounting bolts being different sizes for the backing plates between the KE20 and the KE55?

 

May also be possible to bolt a KE20 hub onto the KE55 disc to keep your old bolt pattern. Have done this with KE35 dics and calipers so I didn't have to replace 3 sets of rims.

yes, you'll need to drill and tap your struts to M10. i can't remember if it's M10x1 or M10x1.5 now, and the letters have rubbed off my tap thread, but it's whatever the ke55 backing plate bolts are

 

i have ke25 hubs on ke55 discs, because i didn't want to change from original stud pattern either :)

  • Author

so how do I get the ke3x onwards 114.3 stud pattern instead of the ke20 stud pattern???

  • Author

sorry didnt see that post...

my bad...

I used (very succesfully) KE70 calipers and rotors, KE30 backing plates, KE20 bearings & strut...took me (no shit!) 1hr to do the entire conversion on the front (inc bleeding lines etc)

 

I then upgraded to VN rear Commonwhore pads (Bendix performax which...they don't make anymore :)) and I couldnt get the brakes to fade at all....

 

(I quite literally drove down the back of Mt Coot-tha with my foot on the brake, foot on the accelerator trying to get them to fade at all. I stopped and I could feel the heat radiating out through the rims a good 2 feet away. Unfortunatly very high metal content means they chew the rotors..but KE70 rotors are easy and cheap to source.)

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.