Converting To 114.3

hilux05

Hey guys..

In an effort to get the rolla back on the ground quicker I am going to use the std ke25 diff but converting it over to 114.3..

I have the jap type diff with the bolts on the front..

Now I have read that I need ke30 axels and braking assembly, but when I was at the corolla wreckers he told me there was 2 types of ke30 diffs.. the jap type and the borgwarner type..

Does anybody know if theres a difference between the two and which one I should be using for this conversion??

Or am I totally wrong and should I be chasing a ke55 rear axels and brake assembly??

Also while I'm here, roughly how much power would a std 25 diff cope with?? ill be running a semi std 4ag..

Cheers.. Richie..

Members dont see this ad

If you have a Jap diff, you will need Jap axels to match. Just remember to shorten them by a few mm's first.

A diff will only last so long if its abused. A mate lunched a 9" in his Falcon while my uncle has an Opel 4 speed (dodgey early Holden gearbox) that has outlasted 3 modified 202's.

As far as i know the 30 and 55 use the same brakes. But as coln72 said - since you have a jap diff you'll have to use the jap axles. There's as difference between the two but i don't remember what they are.

I keep looking at your avatar in the vain hope something pops free cause of all the bouncing its copping.... Your diff would be the same - the more you pop the clutch on it, the quicker something in the diff housing will pop free.

On that note the diff axles aren't all that twiggy but their not all that full bodied either :hammer:

Cheers guys, even tho thats probly not what I wanted to hear but haha..

Are they hard to come by, as in only "special" Ke's had jap diffs or is it just luck of the draw kind of thing??

Well it looks like I'm off to the wreckers again.. Atlest I know what to look for..

Yeah I had a locked borgie behind the 4ag for atleast 7-8 months with no signs of fatigue which coped major punishment every weekend, then upgraded to a T series for peace of mind.. I was only asking as the ke25 diffs do look rather "twig like"..