Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

rollaclub.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

R31 Ke30 Diff & Brake Conversion

Featured Replies

I need some info on using a R31 diff in my KE30 rolla, i read somewhere that thay are apparently not centered and you are only required to cut down one side to get equal lengths and a similar length to the rolla width...

 

Is this true?

 

If it is, am i able to purchase another short side axle, and use it on the shortened side to save getting another axle resplined??

 

Also, is there any way of using the skyline front brakes/strut assembly in the rolla? I have a whole car I'm taking the running gear out of so the more i can utilise out of the car the better.

 

Does anyone have, or can point me in the direction of info on this conversion would be greatly appreciated.

 

thanks.

 

Jason

Pretty sure its the same diff out of a commy. I was told that the left hand axle is 100mm shorter than the right hand axle. The guy that told me has the jig to do the conversion. chop 100mm off the righ hand side. sit it in the jig. reweld it. and slide in another lefthand axle and volia.

 

I think that this diff is around 100mm wider than a rolla diff so this chop should result in something close to the rolla diff width

I have an R31 LSD diff in my KE30.

I had the longer side of the diff shortened to the same length as the shorter side, therefor you can just use a spare short axle. Running 15x7" wheels with 25P offset just gets the tyres inside the gaurds.

 

The diff centres are the same as most Commodores (would have to google that for more info). I however wasnt keen on the 3.?:1 ratio so i purchased a brand new 4.11:1 ratio.

 

As for the front brakes....I would hazard a guess that its all custom work and maybe other more viable options are best suited.

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in

Sign In Now

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.