Supercharged 4ac

Members dont see this ad

Any engine can handle boost. The question is how much and how long. A 4AC has a 9:1 compression ratio (same as the 4AGZE) so it could handle a fair bit of boost say 6-9psi. Any boost must be accompanied by a well tuned engine management or the engine will self destruct. To say an engine can't be boosted is a misleading statement.

Edited by vagen

Give it a go, 4AC are a "dime a dozen" I have had fun gett N/A power out of mine and haver been getting good results. AS already said Compression is right on for a little boost. The Block will handle it OK, head and pistons might be another story, but you won't know until you try

To say an engine can't be boosted is a misleading statement.

+1

i seem to remember a quote somewhere along the lines of "if it has oil pressure it can be turbocharged" and i can't remember where i heard it or who said it :P

thanks for the replys. I'm going to do it my dad is gonna put it on and hook up a switch

so i can turn it on and off. i just wanna cain the stupid commy hero's off the line then turn it off lol.

4ac's don't cost much and I'm gonna put another engine in soon anyway :bash: