Strut Bracing

skibum

Hi guys,

Just curious if one of you twinky owners could tell me what kind of mounting bolts you have for the front strut brace. Does the bolt come in from the front or the back of the firewall or is it part of the frame etc?

Looking into the next round of suspension upgrades and need to figure my options re mounting the brace to the firewall.

Cheers

Matt

Members dont see this ad
Hi guys,

Just curious if one of you twinky owners could tell me what kind of mounting bolts you have for the front strut brace. Does the bolt come in from the front or the back of the firewall or is it part of the frame etc?

Looking into the next round of suspension upgrades and need to figure my options re mounting the brace to the firewall.

Cheers

Matt

The bolt heads go on the engine-side of the firewall, and the thread is tapped into the firewall itself so you don't need to get access behind the firewall for nuts etc. Pretty sure that non-Twinkies still have the holes behind the SR (Super Responsive) sticker but they may not be tapped.